Celine F/W 2020.21 Paris

Isn’t this mostly because Yohji Yamamoto has just 40 looks (with models doubling for those looks) whereas Celine has more than 100? Besides the fact that Asia is still the biggest market for Yohji Yamamoto and there are rightfully more Asian models. Taking into consideration the pragmatics of hiring in Europe, I think the casting is relatively fair in the YY shows.
Yes...I have to be fair on this one.

Hedi Slimane belongs to Generation X (as does Raf Simons who someone said was a boomer, if you're using that annoying meme you could at least do some research) and being 51 does not mean having one foot in the grave, the kind of "more younger" talents we have are hardly worth caring about... Here's me hoping 30 years from now people don't refer to me like a relic that belongs in a museum.

Do I like it? Sure. Is it exciting or interesting? No.

As long as Hedi keeps Celine relevant though, we're probably going to keep seeing the same from him.

Early Dior Homme was so much more than this. He has pushed himself into a corner trying to please masses. And pushing oneself into a corner is not pleasing.

He has chosen Celine as a wrong corner for him too.

Last edited:
Hedi is definitely the most overrated stylist in the world. There's nothing to love here. I'm so glad he failed miserably to pull a financial success. People is not that stupid after all.

Hedi is definitely the most overrated stylist in the world. There's nothing to love here. I'm so glad he failed miserably to pull a financial success. People is not that stupid after all.

Really? I did not know it was a commercial failure

apparently the mens stuff is selling but the womens stuff has tanked completely

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drue Price
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"