Celine Homme F/W 2021.22 Paris

As per last runway, the presentation and location are beautiful. The clothes leave something to be desired. I am sure the details and the quality are all there.

He lost completely with this collection. It was a nice ride Hedi.

It was all a bit lengthy and repetitive but there were good pieces here that I know I would wear for a long time. Good shoes (the cuban heeled boots and creepers), strong outerwear (particularly the re-proportioned takes on the biker jacket). I spotted a few beautiful jewellery pieces as well that I wouldn't mind owning.

I take it for what it is, this is the age of blatant commerce in fashion so for me a collection like this from Hedi is just an unmistakable parade of product, wrapped up in a hyper-polished (if at times, pretentious) presentation.

The only thing that stunning in this collection is the castle.

Stunning presentation with good music. Money well spend, better travelled all the way to Monaco just for a stadium.

As for the clothes, don't be shy Hedi add more logos. And he gonna keep pushing those cheap childish earrings down our throats, doesn't he? His obsession with adolescent boys becoming more desperate every seasons. And Rock & Roll elements in his clothes is just so cliché at this point. His Dior Homme is for glamorous fashion people, his YSL is for celebrities and now his Celine is just for Tiktokers, and is just quite sad.

Overall a irrelevant collection for irrelevant Tiktokers.

I orbit around cringe and desire to own several of these items. A good thing?

I want him to do well but hedi ain’t hitting the spot.

castle looks nice though.

why doesn't he just open a travel agency? the video is actually very nice...I can't say the same about the clothes sadly....especially those ghastly leggings plus chewbacca boots look.

why doesn't he just open a travel agency? the video is actually very nice
He'd fail at that too, look at the assignment here and how Yeah Drones or whatever company is behind this has to do their job, the travel agency's and Hedi's :lol:..

If only products would have been as good as the presentation... Do not want to say anything bad but find it a little bit difficult not to. I am huge fan of him but not a customer of Celine or Saint Laurent. His Dior Homme was so exclusive, so classy, so extravagantly luxurious, nearly royalty, fabrics, metal engraved details painted in black, design that told a story itself, shoes, clothes, accessories that made you be young again, or knight, or leading actor, or virtuoso... Out of all of that here is just some emotion left, and when you look at individual pieces, they look just like Bershka, mass fastly template stamped jewellery, sunglasses with transparent instead of black nose pads all from the same factory as other high fashion brands, logos for the illiterate who cannot read through proportions, volumes, shapes, colours... And I would have never expected from him such ugly shoes. It may sell somewhere else but I doubt it will sell very well among those who want value for money like European masters or nobility or American entrepreneurs or traders or any pioneer playwrighters. No, nothng like that.

Last edited:
you know, when he started at Céline I refused to even watch the collections because I hated that pairing so much. But nowadays, I must say that I actually have fun looking at his miserable attempt to keep this working. Season after season he's showing us his real side as a creative director: mediocre, repetitive and out of touch.
I'm kinda glad this isn't working at all. I hope this means his nail in the coffin.

Questionable clothes and direction aside, this was an amazing presentation.

Raf and Hedi were born on the same year, have this insane obsession with Youth and are both quite disconnected tbh.

I feel like men will remain Hedi’s biggest customers so it’s a mystery to see him dig deep into his teenage dreams...

‘The presentation was annoying. I’m afraid for the womenswear (even if tbh I don’t care).

I love the Celine perfume store and I can’t picture any of those models going to the store.

Hedi and his Design team two weeks ago:

- "Hey did you guys see the Balenciaga presentation with the knight theme? That was awesome. lets do something like it too!"

- " Yeah that was amazing. Demna is a trendsetter anyway.His ideas are so relevant we should stick to that."

- " But we already designed and produced the collection. How do you guys wanna make it knight themed?"

- "Ahh dont worry, the models and the looks have a dark feeling anyways. And luckily we have one look with a cape already.... Lets just change the presentation! How about showing the collection in a beautiful old castle and let them bois riding horses?? wouldnt that be amazing???"

- "poahhh yeeeesss!!.....and to make it more relevant to our youth tik tokers, lets name it TEEN KNIGHT"

- "WOAAAAAHH YES! you guys have amazing ideas.....wait.. at the end of the video lets show a close up of a boy crying to give it more depth and meaning"

-" Yes yes yes yes....Oh wait then lets call it Teen Knight POEM!!!!"

- "BOOM"

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->