Celine S/S 2020 Paris

Patrician redux! I'm sorry, but again, how exactly is this a high fashion brand? I'm not after Galliano theatrics, but this collection is glorified high street fodder.

And I find it incredible that you're backing this, Phuel. I mean you bemoan the death of creativity and originality in fashion across the board, rightly so!, but somehow this Zara collection is 'worldbreaking'? Ok. :innocent:

With just that one opening look, his Celine is instantly worldbuidling.
Completely agree.

This is so chic. If I were a woman, I’d want to own it all.

First show of the season that gives me any feeling. Everything else has been such a “who-cares?” I’m glad Hedi is pursuing this sort of bourgeois, bon-chic-bon-genre look he started last season. It’s the only thing that looks fresh.

In this over saturated market that is high fashion...with everyone trying to outdo themselves and each other, Hedi’s Céline (as of last season) stands apart in offering something that doesn’t make a woman or girl look like a fool.

giphy.gif

We know the man, at this point: the ability to surprise is not exactly Hedi's main strength, once he has found a formula he'll stick to it no matter what. With FW19, he veered towards this "new" BCBG aesthetic just to make Celine different from his SL and we'll likely see endless variations of it until he gets bored with Celine, leave and move somewhere else (I'm just praying it's not going to be Chanel).

I do not care how well made and desirable Hedi's pieces are (I admit he has always been a product master), nor do I care about the gazillions of euros LVMH will probably make during his tenure.

For me, a designer so predictable is failing regardless.

Lol.

At this point, Hedi and his sycophants are just trolling.

V.C. Andrews already built this kind of world forty years ago, and I’d rather send my money to V.C. Andrews than support this insult to creativity.

I actually do like it. The first reason is that there is literally nothing like this today, everyone tries to stand out and this is simple, pedestrian, very basic, but you can tell it is well done and expensive.
Also very Parisian.

but somehow this Zara collection is 'worldbreaking'? Ok. :innocent:
well, he said worldbuilding..

But you called it Zara.. and you know what it’s time for?: HEY! you may think this little floral shirt looks exactly like something no one would even buy for $2 at H&M’s Black Friday sale, but that’s because you haven’t walked into the store and felt it and pressed your cheek against it and smelled it.. the texture, the smoothness, the artisanal cut, the out-of-body experience of the florals!.. I’d wear something that looks like s*it because it just feels so good, and ~you would too~.

What Hedi gives to men, through womenswear, quite possibly through a maternity or a kids’ line if he released one, will always be a mystery to me.. not one that sparks my curiosity like say, the Dyatlov deaths, just some structuring of alpha vs. beta/YES SIR!-leader-and-male-follower thing that’s almost like a natural order depending on where you stand..

This is insipid but with an eerie vibe of post-middle age acceptance, like ‘guess this is what I do, and I’m not Mick Jagger or Anton Corbijn and I have a Bieber haircut and can’t wear the clothes I design anymore ..’.. it’s touching.

well, he said worldbuilding..

But you called it Zara.. and you know what it’s time for?: HEY! you may think this little floral shirt looks exactly like something no one would even buy for $2 at H&M’s Black Friday sale, but that’s because you haven’t walked into the store and felt it and pressed your cheek against it and smelled it.. the texture, the smoothness, the artisanal cut, the out-of-body experience of the florals!.. I’d wear something that looks like s*it because it just feels so good, and ~you would too~.

What Hedi gives to men, through womenswear, quite possibly through a maternity or a kids’ line if he released one, will always be a mystery to me.. not one that sparks my curiosity like say, the Dyatlov deaths, just some structuring of alpha vs. beta/YES SIR!-leader-and-male-follower thing that’s almost like a natural order depending on where you stand..

This is insipid but with an eerie vibe of post-middle age acceptance, like ‘guess this is what I do, and I’m not Mick Jagger or Anton Corbijn and I have a Bieber haircut and can’t wear the clothes I design anymore ..’.. it’s touching.

Hhhmmm, potato/potahto. The intent of the word is pretty much the same.
I do read the 'but have you touched it' theory pretty often on here, and while it's entirely justified, the cynic in me can't help wondering whether that same staunchly 'benefit of the doubt' would be afforded to vintage-lite garb from Gucci, or a Balenciaga coat.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zhaoxx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->