Central Saint Martins (CSM), London

^a year of doing art..any sort of art
life drawing, painting, etc.
sort of testing to see how's your art skill and train you to be prepared of drawing figures in fashion..or if you are going into interior design..train you to draw lines :lol:
built a base for those who might lack life drawing skills

iyemstoopid said:
victim, do you know if i do my foundation year at parsons, if i can apply straight to the fashion course at csm?

Thanks!!

I've done the foundation year at Parsons. I would say find a cheaper school if you're only going to do foundation, maybe FIT, certainly Pratt and then use it to bulk up your portfolio. A few of my friends did the Parsons-CSM route and got in...but paying over $30,000 when you can get away with it at $20,000 or even $15,000 for a foundation year was something they regretted--even if only slightly. The Parsons name doesn't carry any weight over there so fuhgetaboutit.

muxu, thanks for explaining..is it compulsory?
Could I get away with it if I have been in art based high-school with 12 compulsory art courses?

Last edited by a moderator:
it says on the website, address in the first post.

thnks for all the great info - i was wondering however about the 'new' course (i'm not sure if its new or its been 'new' for the last two years) the criticism, communication and curation degree... is this just a waste of time doing this at csm? or is the course as well recieved as, say, the fashion degrees..

any feed back would be great!

I'm from the US. Would I have to take A-levels, or could I apply using SAT, AP tests, my GPA, the same as what American schools take?

Also, I understand you take a foundation year before doing fashion, but do you apply for fashion, or just as a general student?

Last question: for my portfolio, I would like to include a mix of fine art, fashion sketches, and photos of garments, but I know some schools only want sketches, and some prefer only fine art. What does CSM like to see? Will knowing how to sew help me get in?

Regarding portfolios, where can i go to find out exactly what is needed in one? thanks

just curious, anyone applying this year?

im thinking of applying for fashion, we'll see what happens.
just trying to keep working on my portfolio

iyemstoopid said:
just curious, anyone applying this year?

im thinking of applying for fashion, we'll see what happens.
just trying to keep working on my portfolio

i'm go'in2 apply through UCAS
though i hvn't started the personal statement yet

what should i write? any suggestions?

any feedback at all on the Curation criticism and communications degree there??

i am seriously thinking of applying next year and would really love anyones views on its credibility etc

Does anyone do/know of anyone who does Fashion Theory at CSM? I'm thinking about applying but the qualifications listed on their site are so vague and I'd prefer someones personal opinions.

Anyone? They kindly emailed me and told me I have enough to apply but I'd love for someone to tell me how it is...

If anyone does Fashion Communication and Promotion any info would be great :flower:

Gareth Pugh said some not so good things about CSM in i-D oct... I hadn't noticed it before, I had to do a double take when I flicked through the interview last night... it was not that discouraging, but... I'll find it and type it up for you guys...

Here it is:

What was St. Martins like?
The only reason that I went there was because of Louise Wilson. You know they have those things at the back of the Sunday Times where they interview really successful people in their fields? Well I read the Louise Wilson one and she talked about St Martins and it just sounded like a really amazing place. I always wanted to go to London but now I had found somewhere that I wanted to study. I was always really pissed off that she never taught me - I couldn't afford to do the MA after the BA. She has this reputation of being really horrible but if you can't deal with Louise then you can't deal with anything outside of college. You have to fight for what you want at St Martins, even the librarians are horrible and bitchy but they are just preparing you.

i might be applying this year for the foundation art and design course.. going to have a look round on monday.

gosh...ugh

im applying this year..foundation. but im completely and totally lost. i havent even started collecting my portfolio pieces. i think they are mostly crap.
wow...what Gareth Pugh said...hum.

what's the personal statement about? do i have to do it for foundation?
i dont know if i should go for it this year..i dont feel ready...i still feel lost.

Summer School at Central Saint Martins

Dear ladies,

This summer I will be going to London to do a course at Central Saint Martins called ' Introduction to Fashion Design '.

In this topic I would like to talk to other people who are also going to attend Summer School at CSM!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->