Central Saint Martins MA F/W 09.10 London

David Koma
csm_09_ma_2823.jpg
csm_09_ma_2853.jpg

csm_09_ma_2864.jpg
csm_09_ma_3027.jpg

same

I wouldn't pay any attention to David Koma... yes he's making great pieces and the tailoring and all is very impressive, but there's nothing new or original, I can see Gaultier, I can see Versace, and the last piece is a vulgar remake of Viktor & Rolf's SS09... clearly there's a huge lack of creativity going on.

I Love Michael Van Der Ham's collection too having read a bit more about it.
In terms of ideas and technique it looks way more advanced than most of his classmates'..

His idea was to actually take clothes/fabric from different era's and mix them all up into one garment...

"I think there's so much fashion, you know, it's a bit saturated. I think its kind of funny to put five dresses into one. There's so much fashion it never ends and runways never stop because there's always a fashion week it seems, so it's like there are no seasons anymore because its all continuous. It's kind of a joke that only I get."

elle.com

You can see images of his garments in progress here, I almost prefer them in the toile stage

http://fredbutlerstyle.blogspot.com/2009/02/sun-22nd-feb-michael-van-der-ham.html

David Koma also did the BA at St Martins and I dont see 2 years worth of progression when comparing his work from then really...

here are the images.

fredbutlerstyle.blogspot.com

I was took a course at CSM and Michael was doing it as well, so it's really nice to see him get this attention. He is very talented.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MuslimHearts
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"