Chado Ralph Rucci ss 05

cutwork...

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by softgrey@Sep 17 2004, 10:51 AM
where are you guys seeing the collection pls?...
[snapback]370184[/snapback]​
They finally posted it on Style.com, but they left out that orange feathered gown.

I find all of Ralph Rucci stuff is for a very specific clientele and thus I find it a bit stuffy. I dislike immensely the second gown. That fabric annoys the hell out of me. Other than that fairly straightforward and typical looking to me.

Originally posted by softgrey@Sep 17 2004, 11:10 AM
nice detail up close... :P
[snapback]370187[/snapback]​

i found out that these are tiny strips of patent leather sewn on to tulle... the workmanship is great...

and the theme was knots...so a lot of the looks have knotted strings hanging off them giving them great movement when you walk... this show loses a lot in the pictures...the video really helped me appreciate it more...

there was also a painting used as a back drop which was done by ralph rucci that he emulated in a beautiful blk and wht coat...i'll post the picture when we're back up to speed...
till then...look #31 on style.com... :flower:

you're not the only one saying that urban...

some people are saying it's his best collection ever...people are really starting to take notice since he's been showing couture in paris...i know his retail sales have really picked up...

Originally posted by Urban Stylin@Sep 20 2004, 03:16 PM
impressive im actually suprised its NY!!
[snapback]370906[/snapback]​

i know! i think it really harkens back to some old favorites like cristobal balenciaga and even mainbocher...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->