Chain Store Chic

ignitioned32

Mannikin
Reaction score
From the ever reliable The Daily :heart:
Chain Store Chic
Non-designer fashionista faves

Monday, February 23, 2004

I spy with my little eye…Meredith Melling Burke wearing Abercrombie? Don’t be ridiculous. It’s American Eagle. Yes, even the most sample-sent girls yearn for the fashion equivalent of comfort food every once in a while. For those days when Michael or Marc just won’t do, here the Main Street choices of fashionistas. Who knows who you’ll bump into at Banana.

FASHION STORES

Toby Tucker, Fashion Market Editor, InStyle: J.Crew

Meredith Melling Burke, Senior Market Editor, Vogue: American Eagle

Alexis Weiss, Associate Market Editor, Elle: Abercrombie/Hollister/Filth Mart

Danya Unterhalter, Accessories Director, Harper’s Bazaar: Abercrombie

Mandi Norwood, Editor in Chief, Shop, Etc.: Banana Republic

Brandusa Niro, Editor in Chief, The Daily: Banana Republic

Madeline Passarelli, Market Editor, Lucky: Anthropologie

Tamara Tunie, actress: Palma boutique

Jamee Gregory, socialite: Gap. “For its white t-shirts.”

Carolina Herrera, Jr: Zara

Lizzie Grubman, publicist: Zara, Kmart, Scoop

Judy Licht, Full Frontal Fashion senior correspondent: Zara

HOME/INTERIOR STORES

Jennifer Smith, Senior Fashion Editor, Lucky: The Container Store

André Leon Talley, Editor at Large, Vogue: Bed Bath & Beyond in Westchester. “I’m there all the time.”

Joann Pailey, Associate Market Editor, Elle: Coconut Company (furniture store)

Atoosa Rubenstein, Editor in Chief, Seventeen: Kmart. “But the one in Bridgehampton.”

Hal Rubenstein, Fashion Director, InStyle: Home Depot

Amy Astley, Editor in Chief, Teen Vogue: Duane Furniture store. “On Duane Street.”

MISCELLANEOUS

Amy Fine Collins, socialite: “Does Wolford count? If not, then Modell’s”

Roopal Patel, Bergdorf Goodman women’s fashion director: The Apple Store

Brittany Daniel, actress: Starbucks

Deborah Cox, singer: Target
MEGHAN STIER AND JIM SHI

Very interesting info!

I consider myself to be fashionable, chic, whatever...yet, I simply adore American Eagle. I'm still a young woman in my early twenties, and their styles appeal to me (favorites include their form fitting halters, long jeans that make my butt look good, and their slim, tight, low-cut shirts for clubbin).

A close runner up in my book is Express. They have a lot of going-out type tops too, although I do find their spring collection to be quite bland this year.

I wear Americna Eagle and abercrombie adults and sometimes kids...that is the beauty of fashion the mix/ and match :blush:

Originally posted by HBoogie@Feb 24th, 2004 - 10:43 am
No one said H&M? :ninja:
???? Why not H & M.

I mostly wear chain store and mix it with vintage. My fave is Zara

Originally posted by ignitioned32@Feb 24th, 2004 - 6:08 am
Atoosa Rubenstein, Editor in Chief, Seventeen: Kmart. “But the one in Bridgehampton.”
:lol: :lol: :lol: :innocent:

Are there two sections of Zara? I went into a store one day (for the FIRST time! I guess they don't have them in Northern California...?) in Georgetown and noticed that there appeared to be a 'younger' or more contemporary section...? I don't think any of their clothes fit me, but they're so cute :(

Originally posted by meowmix@Feb 24th, 2004 - 5:23 pm
Are there two sections of Zara? I went into a store one day (for the FIRST time! I guess they don't have them in Northern California...?) in Georgetown and noticed that there appeared to be a 'younger' or more contemporary section...? I don't think any of their clothes fit me, but they're so cute :(
Zara has up to size adult 14. You have to look well. If the Zara's in the states are as disorganized as the Zaras in Montreal then it can take a while to find the right size.

My friend is curvy and it took her about 20 minutes to find the pants she wanted in size 12. Just look really hard :flower:

Originally posted by CelineChic+Feb 25th, 2004 - 2:00 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CelineChic @ Feb 25th, 2004 - 2:00 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-meowmix@Feb 24th, 2004 - 5:23 pm
Zara has up to size adult 14. You have to look well. If the Zara's in the states are as disorganized as the Zaras in Montreal then it can take a while to find the right size.

My friend is curvy and it took her about 20 minutes to find the pants she wanted in size 12. Just look really hard :flower: [/b][/quote]
I actually wear a really small size...usually a very small 0. I'm very petite

Originally posted by meowmix@Feb 24th, 2004 - 5:23 pm
There are also two sections at my local Zara as well. I've noticed that the main section has more business-like styles and other is more like street wear. The sizes appear to be about the same though. :flower:

Originally posted by Dark Princess+Feb 24th, 2004 - 1:06 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dark Princess @ Feb 24th, 2004 - 1:06 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-HBoogie@Feb 24th, 2004 - 10:43 am
No one said H&M? :ninja:
???? Why not H & M.

I mostly wear chain store and mix it with vintage. My fave is Zara [/b][/quote]
i would love to check out H&M, too bad all their stores are on the east coast

IM glad this has come official finally!!!!!!

cause i was getting tired of people saying "eww" and "ugh" as soon as they heard one of these chain store names. :rolleyes:
everyone wears them, including me.

anyway, it all about HOW you wear your clothes.. :wink:

I love the J. Crew tees. I found one type of shirt that fit perfectly so I ordered 14 of them by mail. All different colors :blush:

Like Leyla said. It's all about how you wear your clothes.

OMG how come nobody has mentioned Club Monaco? There stuff is really nice and well made. Sometimes you cant tell the diference between them and some of the more expensive brands out there.

I love Banana Republic & the Gap...i love wearing it mixed with Dolce & Gabbana, Prada, & Cavalli...etc. OH! and vintage! :woot:

Originally posted by Holland_MULTIMEDIA*@Feb 29th, 2004 - 7:55 pm
OMG how come nobody has mentioned Club Monaco? There stuff is really nice and well made. Sometimes you cant tell the diference between them and some of the more expensive brands out there.
absolutely true... :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sighnvera
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->