Chalayan F/W 2019.20 London

this is brilliant. :heart:
it's great to see clothing that's more streamlined, more fitted, more minimal after so much excess and volume in many of the other collections.

this is really great. I'd wear everything. He's always been one of my favorite designers and it's sad how it all fell apart for him, but this is my fav collection of his in years

this is really great. I'd wear everything. He's always been one of my favorite designers and it's sad how it all fell apart for him, but this is my fav collection of his in years
sorry how did it fall apart? I didn't follow him closely...
I'm so tired of the oversized looks that I'm filled with joy after seeing this collection.

sorry how did it fall apart? I didn't follow him closely...
I'm so tired of the oversized looks that I'm filled with joy after seeing this collection.

Well he had a lot of financial issues with his label(s), bankruptcy, etc. This brand is really ''small'' compared to what he could do (look at any of early 2000s / 90s collections!) but never really found financers / commercial success.

Chalayan produced his collection in liscense with various partners over the years, beginning with Gibo (Onward) in the early 2000s, later on selling a minority stake to Kering at the time he was global artistic director of Puma (which he bought back after this collaboration ended) and later producing his collection with Pier s.r.l. - Early last year, a new investor bought a 20% minority stake in his company, you can read it here:

Hussein Chalayan sells minority stake to Centricus

I love this...
good to see him put out such a strong collection...
pleasantly surprised and absolutely thrilled to see him in such good form...

:clap:

Hi,

does anyone know what this label is?

Is it from the diffusion line? I thought the diffusion line label just said Chalayan in grey?

I think it might be from his diffusion line launched in 2004, anyone familiar with it? How long did it last? Thanks!

F843CCE0-0297-4E2C-B7E8-C118278B8F6E.jpeg

Last edited:
h chalayan was the diffusion line developed under the Gibo liscense, later to be replaced by the grey line, when the Chalayan label was an independent business again.

Oh thank you for clarifying, so when did the line finish? I see quite a few pieces with this tag online I wasn’t sure what they were or time they were released.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nise
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->