Chalayan S/S 2019 London

He's over it and it shows. Chalayan's biggest mistake was slowing down, and as a result he lost his momentum.

This collection looks like one of Viv's subranges, the ones she does to keep her Swiss bank account in check. Blatantly pandering!

I don't think slowing down is the word to be honest, maybe more that of several unwise business moves that lead him to struggle at keeping his business up and running... Frankly speaking, when I look at the long list of sorely missed designers of his generation that are/have been in quasi-retirement of their own lines (looking at Sophia Kokosalaki, Boudicca or Veronique Branquinho), I am glad that Hussein never had to put his collection on hold.

That being said, I can appreciate his designs being less flash-y and 'real' with an emphasize on putting cleverly constructed, wearable clothes out there. I'm not so keen on the suiting part towards the beginning but there are some really lovely dresses here that I am sure would look great on a diversity of women.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->