Chanel ‘Gabrielle Essence’ Fragrance 2019 : Margot Robbie by Nick Knight

The more I look at it, the more I think it looks like a skincare campaign.
Remove the Chanel logo and I would totally believe that it’s a Sisheido skincare campaign.

I think the big problem with the Gabrielle franchise is how elusive the narrative is. Generally in Chanel campaigns, the protagonist is doing something: Keira is very active, Lily Rose is an active young woman. Here, Margot is surrounded by cloud or smoke, doing nothing.

New campaign image, commercial and behind-the-scenes look at the campaign:

It feels so weird to hear a Beyonce song in a Chanel ad, and a ten year old song at that. The setting for the ad is really great, such a shame that the end product looks like.. that.

I really wanna know whose idea it was to use Halo. It may be a classic, but it's certainly no campaign material. Sounds like a fan edited the video lol

It feels so weird to hear a Beyonce song in a Chanel ad, and a ten year old song at that.

This!! I looked up from my phone to see what commercial would use that song and I was shocked to find out it was Chanel... not classy at all.

Kristen's campaign for Gabrielle was much better because it still had that storytelling. Visuals and concept were more expensive. This looks very commercial and borderline cheap.

Now that I think about it, Beyoncé was the soundtrack for Gabrielle and she also had a song, I think it’s called « Ghost ». And the music video almost looks like this commercial...But better.
I wish they used Ghost as the soundtrack and not Halo.

Now that I think about it, Beyoncé was the soundtrack for Gabrielle and she also had a song, I think it’s called « Ghost ». And the music video almost looks like this commercial...But better.
I wish they used Ghost as the soundtrack and not Halo.

You are right, they used Runnin' for that one! Someone has a Beyonce obsession over at Chanel that I don't think was shared by Karl. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->