Chanel ‘No. 5' Fragrance 2020 : Marion Cotillard by Steven Meisel & Johan Renck

WOW, so happy for Marion!! :clap::clap::clap: A Chanel No. 5 campaign is the jewel of the crown.
And photographed by Steven Meisel too? This will push her back onto the spotlight because her fashion profile took a bit of a dip after that raccoon from Dior sacked her.

Nothing will ever compare to her campaign work under Galliano, but I like this shot. It's simple, yet so beautiful.

A great fit for Chanel! That's a semi boring, but beautiful image - still, it's Marion and Meisel so I'll take it.

Beautiful! I hope they keep Meisel for more than one season. And it would be great if they could get him to shoot their fashion campaigns. Perhaps he'd manage to spark some life in those dreadful collections.

In your face Maria Grazia! Who would want to work for that rude ugly woman when you have Chanel and Meisel!

OMG LMAF.......such an interesting statement, but sadly for Mrs.Cotillard, she came to the house for genius Karl, but end up being with an even worse version of MGC

A fabulous partnership, and a truly fabulous and heavenly portrait to match. Absolute nail on the head with this, the photograph of Marion just screams beauty, feels expensive and looks otherworldly. I'm extremely keen to see the official advertising campaign now, after such an exquisite teaser!

This deal definitely was in talk long before. Since She's dropped by Dior, he's been attending few Chanel shows and I knew that the relationship has gotten stronger. With Annette, a musical movie starring with Adam Driver, probably coming out this year, she needs a wardrobe for her press tour. Hope this will be great. Once you get a Dior contract, the only way to top it is Chanel. Well played, Marion.

My ultimate dream...Meisel for Chanel. Unfortunately, Karl is not there anymore. I wonder what took so long for Chanel beauty to sign Marion. She is perfect for N5!
I hope she wears Vintage Chanel because I can’t with Virginie.
At least now, she is attached to a brand she actually likes and wears on a daily life. It seems like Dior was kinda painful for her...

Funny how she got to Dior because of John and end-up with Bill, Raf and the two others...And now she got Chanel because of Karl and end-up with Virginie.

This will give a great boost to her international career. She has been very focused on French cinema lately.

A preview of the film:

My ultimate dream...Meisel for Chanel.

same! also agree that Marion is perfect for Chanel and that she will be an amazing ambassador!

now the question is, will Meisel start to shoot Chanel campaigns too?

I just hope the movie won’t be as cheesy as Giselle’s one.

same! also agree that Marion is perfect for Chanel and that she will be an amazing ambassador!

now the question is, will Meisel start to shoot Chanel campaigns too?

Chanel fashion and beauty are two different entities. Obviously, it never happened with Karl but it can happen under Virginie. Even if considering that Meisel does not shoot outside of the US, I wonder if it might happen one day.

But Meisel entering the Chanel world is enough for me. That means he might shoot other beauty or jewelry campaigns. They don’t have Testino and Demarchelier anymore...

Meisel didn’t shoot the main campaign

Meisel didn’t shoot the main campaign

The print advertising campaign? What was the point in having Meisel photographer the announcement photo? This seems very unusual.

The film was shot by Swedish director Johan Renck.

Not feeling the dance sequence from behind the scene video, but will hold my thoughts until after seeing the official video

maybe Steven shoot the pictures for the perfume whilst Johan Renck shoot the video.
it’s very possible as for the Chanel 19 Bag Sofia Coppola shoot the video and Steven Meisel shoot the pictures (for the same campaign).

as for the main campaign, if it’s the RTW one you’re mentioning @TZ001, the last one (SS21) was shot by I&V.

Meisel shoot the campaign and Renck shoot the video much like Lhurmann shoot the previous video and Demarchelier shoot the campaign. They always had a duo handling their fragrances launch. Only Goude shoot both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->