Chanel 'Coco Mademoiselle L’Eau Privée' Fragrance 2020 : Keira Knightley by Inez & Vinoodh

Discussion in 'Ad Campaigns' started by Benn98, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Vogue Japan Digital Edition

2. Royal-Galliano

Royal-Galliano Well-Known Member

not her best angle.

3. mikel

mikel Well-Known Member

And the flat hair doesn’t help either.

Razjel and GivenchyAddict like this.
  4. Serend1pity

Serend1pity Member

Boring. Sorry but she needs replacing

5. WAVES

WAVES Member

I would also love to see someone new but Keira has been the face of Coco Mademoiselle for a while and it’s also good to see that loyalty.

I also like that the shot does give you a night feeling and allures to intimacy indeed. It’s a good picture!

SophiaVB and RedSmokeRise like this.
  6. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

I always feel like somehow, Chanel kinda takes over their spokespersons’ season actual jobs. I can’t remember the last time I’ve seen a movie of Keira but that can be said about Gaspard, Anna Mouglalis And even Kristen. Overtime, they just became «The faces of Chanel ». Vanessa at least has music!

That being said, Keira is still a beauty and she is very much convincing as the face of the fragrance. I don’t think Kate (the original face of the fragrance) would have been convincing for the same amount of time...

SRank likes this.
  7. Mercury6181

Mercury6181 Active Member

I think they should replace her with Vittoria Ceretti! I know she’s the face of everything Chanel Beauty and she’s not well known outside the world of fashion but she would do a great job!

Mercredi likes this.
  8. avonlea002

avonlea002 Well-Known Member

She is perfect for Chanel but that photo is just horrible.

9. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

Always been a fan of Keira Knightley for Chanel but Vittoria Ceretti sure does sound for a refreshing replacement @Mercury6181, now you mention it.

The angle of this shot was a little questionable at first but having learned Inez & Vinoodh photographed the campaign this time around, it makes sense. I have undoubtedly seen more captivating and alluring fragrance campaigns, but I find it incredibly hard to criticize anything Chanel - so I'm a fan.

Mercredi, WAVES and Mercury6181 like this.
  10. christian001

christian001 New Member

Lol she needs to be replaced ASAP

Ghesquiere32 likes this.
  11. [Piece Of Me]

[Piece Of Me] Well-Known Member

Her latest movie Misbehaviour came out recently (in some places just before the lockdown, so that's why some people missed it, I think) and she is brilliant in it! She also had the critically acclaimed Colette, The Aftermath and Official Secrets in the last two years so she is still working as much as ever.

WAVES likes this.
  12. tigerrouge

tigerrouge don't look down

I think it suits Chanel that these spokespeople 'retire' from doing anything remotely newsworthy - that way, they can remain the sophisticated enigma that we're supposed to see the Chanel woman as being.

Karl Lagerfeld didn't mind peppering his campaigns with a hint of scandal - Kristen Stewart and Cara Delevingne - but even then, those faces carried a sense of them being untouchable - unbothered - by whatever lifestyle choices they were freely making in the background... women who float around at a level above the chaos they create around them.

At the moment, Chanel seems to be on a trajectory to be as dull and bourgeois as they were before Lagerfeld took over, so I'm not expecting much from the brand until there's a change of creative direction - and I include their beauty department in that as well.

Benn98, Lola701 and RedSmokeRise like this.
  13. Mercredi

Mercredi Member

They definitely need a new direction, and I wouldn't mind seeing Vittoria as the new face of Coco Mademoiselle she's such a classic beauty!