Chanel Cruise 2013 Versailles

Not that any of the rest of it makes any sense, but seriously, wtf is this?

style via pradable

since when was chanel collab'ing with wal-mart?
the set paired with the bobs are reminiscent of john galliano's beginning at dior, no?

PS: the tumblr kids are gonna go crazy for HQ's of those god-awful creepers.

Everything is so bad and very un-Chanel. I mean the shoes are atrocious and I just don't know what Karl is trying to achieve with this.

Some of the gowns remind me of this:

35671.jpg

(via karneval-arena)

:ninja:

Some of the causal pieces are quite sweet, though.

It's very unfortunate because i love the inspiration and the fact that it's shown at versailles. here i was excited and expecting to see another collection like karl's 2005 spring haute couture collection which was simply divine. i still like this collection it's definitely interesting to look at. except for the shoes...

So I guess I'm the only one salivating over this?
Whoever said "club kids go Napoleon" nailed it.
Like I mentioned earlier, I'm sensing Karl was hoping to channel a more youthful girl here. While I do see some Marie Antoinette inspiration here and there, I also see a bit of Vidal Sassoon (the bob haircut) and Grimes in here as well.

p.s. a MILLION times better than the Fall/Winter 2012 collection.

I like a few of the looks individually (mainly the white dresses) but most of the collection is tacky as hell. The inspiration source (Versailles/ Marie Antoinette) is nice but the outcome is a disaster. Shame really, Karl had the chance to do something magical and he blew it.

YIKES. But I can't wait to see how some of these pieces translate off the runway.

I really like some of the dresses, actually. But the Marie Antoinette theme just wasn't done well, I think.

I like a few of the looks individually (mainly the white dresses) but most of the collection is tacky as hell. The inspiration source (Versailles/ Marie Antoinette) is nice but the outcome is a disaster. Shame really, Karl had the chance to do something magical and he blew it.

You've summed it up well Yoninah: I think there are some pretty dresses, particularly the last set (white with bright embroidery), and like Boomer I think the hair kind of works here; it's fun. But too much of the collection is totally unflattering and some of it is downright fugly.

this feels so heavy with comme des garcons references. idk what to think. need to see it in motion. some it reminds me of the chanel we had in the early 90's...

I'm obsessed with this! He took SO many risks. Has anyone ever imagined Chanel creepers?! It's just so perfect. It was like he took Marie Antoinette and made her into a modern day Chanel woman. There are no words for how much I love this collection.

i really dislike the last collections of chanel, this is no exception. I think it's not my taste and its just the same always that is boring and very predictable, i pictured this collection exactly as how is it, but i thought the setting was going to be better. I love some pieces though, like the one frida (i think) is wearing and some of the golden-white ones.

I love it all. It's fun and playful and the shoes are cute. As is the hair.

OMG!!!

This reminds me of Gaultier in the 90s!!!

Its like watching a twisted version of The fifth element! So futuristic yet retro yet 90s and SO french!

I absolutely adore it. To the tee! <3

Amazing. I don't remember the last time I liked a Chanel collection so much! I like that it references the past while still being extremely modern and, as ultramarine said, futuristic. Finally something new and fresh! And for once Karl's cramming of thousands of looks into a show doesn't bother me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->