Chanel Cruise 2021 Paris

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by vogue28, Jun 8, 2020.

1. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

2. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

3. avonlea002

avonlea002 Well-Known Member

This is embarrassing.

gazebo, jeanclaude and Royal-Galliano like this.
  4. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

Thank god there wasn’t a show for this...
    The presentation and the whole setting certainly makes it better. It’s cute commercial clothes with the Chanel touch. Nothing inoffensive...Very much for the luxury clientele. If this is the main collection, I wonder why there’s a need for the Act 1 & 2...

It’s not for me but I’ve made peace with the fact that I have to wait for Virginie to leave to have any interest in Chanel’s fashion again.

TheoG, YohjiAddict, dodencebt and 2 others like this.
  5. caioherrero

caioherrero Well-Known Member

This is so uneventful

jeanclaude likes this.
  6. Salvatore

Salvatore Wanderlust

Oof this is bad.

jeanclaude likes this.
  7. Marc10

Marc10 Moderator

Her clothes are even more pedestrian without the Chanel showmanship to fall back on. This was quite revelatory...

LostInNJ and Lola701 like this.
  8. RedSmokeRise

RedSmokeRise Well-Known Member

She loves a tiny waist belt huh

9. GERGIN

GERGIN Well-Known Member

Actually rumors have it that Virginie met Karl in his underground lair and performed a vampiric ritual In which Karl bit into Virginie and gave her powers such as producing 6 shows a year, 10 overpriced collaborations, and also the power to manipulate basic luxury consumers to buying her product.

I can’t provide my sources or else they will come after me...

depordetioz, Armani, mikel and 9 others like this.
  10. aracic

aracic Moderator

Go girl, give us nothing

11. Bertrando3

Bertrando3 Well-Known Member

This is soooooo boring and uneventful indeed. Nothing stands out, clearly Chanel relies HEAVILY on the set and this time they clearly needed it.

Nomar and jeanclaude like this.
  12. chanelh

chanelh Well-Known Member

corona saved her a*s*s....if this mess happened on a fashion show, it would be really embarrassing to watch, some of the VIP may fall asleep at the front seat! I know I would!

13. jeanclaude

jeanclaude Well-Known Member

Remove the logos; and this could be from any brand making a "Chanel-esque" collection (like Marc Jacobs).

The photoshoot is cheap and lazy, like any random catalogue could be. And some models have unflattering and weird poses:

[​IMG]

Was the artistic director of this mess in creative quarantine or what??

Lola701 likes this.
  14. chanelh

chanelh Well-Known Member

you have to tell me your secret how to make peace with that..... I can't...I just can't...waiting for her to go? It may take decades consider the nepotism culture in the house.

jeanclaude likes this.
  15. kenndale

kenndale Well-Known Member

Mango has really stepped things up recently. Good for them.

16. dior_couture1245

dior_couture1245 Fat Karl

She brings nothing to the table.

There hasn’t been a single collection from Virginie that I can recall a silhouette, a styling proposition, an “it” item, a concept...nothing. Sure, the clothes are nice enough and on-the-whole inoffensive, but so what?

I’m totally cool with Chanel returning to a more casual, “cool” look, like Karl did circa 2005-2007...but, Virginie, this ain’t it. Granted, fashion has changed tremendously and very little works in a designer’s favor anymore...I mean, it was hard for anything Karl made to NOT look cool on Irina Lazareanu...but I digress. I’m not here to make excuses for Virginie.

17. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Did Sadl-ey really try to recreate Karl's grand take on sets? I somewhat like the set because it looks cheap and fake, but I doubt that the intent. They obviously tried to pass it off as original.

I was really a defender of Virginie, but my God, what is this?
    [​IMG]

And why is everything so incoherent??? Also, stop this obsession with Sadley. He does nothing for your brand.

18. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

I mean, I loved Chanel because of Karl. I loved his clothes and his approach to fashion. I loved Fendi for the same reasons. I’m maybe one of their customers that cares about that. So, without Karl, even if Chanel is a fantastic brand that to an extend I love (because it has shaped my taste in fashion), I’m just not really that invested anymore...
    I’m much more excited about the sales than whatever Virginie does...As nice as she is.

And yes, it’s a big company run like a small family business. There are rumors about how designers were approached and nobody wants the job but i think it’s really far from the reality (Chanel actually offers the best conditions compared to all it competitors). The entire structure was shook in 2019 and they are trying to have some sort of stability. Everybody is very comfortable there...But the success is not there. So yes, their high prices can make-up on a short term but everybody knows Virginie ain’t there to stay.

Chanel needs a star...Ultimately.

19. TaylorBinque

TaylorBinque Well-Known Member

This is basic luxury. There's no joy nor excitement. There's literally nothing that feels cheerful. And the designs are elevated Mango at best. At least she could have tried harder. Even her tweed pieces look cheap.

jeanclaude likes this.
  20. Nomar

Nomar Well-Known Member

I'd rather look at the nice backdrop/background than these clothes.