Chanel F/W 04.05 Paris

ebowleg

Reaction score
Here are a couple of looks from the show...

r805795632.jpg

yawn...wake me up when we get to something interesting... -_-

Originally posted by Lena@Mar 5th, 2004 - 5:34 pm
of course, lace :wink:

capt.par10503051211.france_fashion_par105.jpg
i like the lace top..it's new and different to me.. of course you'd wear it very differently in real life...that's the brilliant amanda harlech's styling for you...love her...she's divinely mad... :heart:

This is the kind of Chanel that I hate. Unwearable and tacky. Crazy with colors.

Largefeld has had a a winning streak since AW02. Every RTW and couture collections is good if not great. Proper but also naughty. But this is as bad as his biker chic collection a couple years ago when MariaCarla opened the show in an orange leather suit and the runway is zig-zag shaped.

PARIS (Reuters) - Coco Chanel was raiding her boyfriend's wardrobe as far back as the 1930s, and on Friday her successor Karl Lagerfeld unveiled a boxy tweed jacket that aims to be fashion's equivalent to 501 jeans or unisex perfume.

Male and female models paraded in interchangeable blazers in giant tartan tweed or knobbly wool with a glistening black trim.

"Coco filched a lot from men's dressing rooms," Lagerfeld said in a statement.

"Some men -- and I should say, boys -- could wear some of these clothes just as they wear lots of things today which have abandoned the frontiers between menswear and womenswear."

However, it is no easy feat to subvert the iconic Chanel jacket, which conjures images of starlets and dowagers alike. There was something undeniably fey about the teenage boys in suit jackets that could have belonged to their mother.

Fortunately, there was plenty more to pick from in the display on the third day of the Paris autumn-winter ready-to-wear collections, which was also due to feature creations by Givenchy and Alexander McQueen.

Lagerfeld gave skiwear a chic twist for day and dressed down evening clothes with a sportswear touch.

A black puffa jacket came with detachable jacquard sleeves and a matching knitted camellia brooch. Geometric patterns popped up on loosely cut tweed skirt suits with matching newsboy caps.

Splashes of bold color included a fluorescent yellow poloneck sweater, worn under a lacy black blouse with skintight leather ski trousers that may not cut it on the slopes, but were perfect for apres-ski posing.

Meanwhile, slinky black evening gowns were given little pockets in front -- just big enough for a stick of lip balm.

from Reuters

ps, not a Chanel girl myself, still i liked the catsuit and they may be more surprises when the collection is really out, this is just a preview :P

from what I've seen so far, I don't really like this collection.... :(

The classic pieces are gorgeous, but the biker pants mixed with bright yellow have got to go. :sick:

I was glad karl finally did something new. not the same old tweed and skirt, a little shredded here, a little shredded there however overall I find this a semi-ugly collection. nothing is appealing and the colors of the different pieces jar in front of my eyes. oh well.

i hate the hats. but the rest is nice and different.

but i still like the whole lighter chanel thing. this seems a little hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->