Chanel F/W 11.12 : Freja Beha Erichsen by Karl Lagerfeld

deango

Reaction score
aa0da0cb38bcf42ccapture.jpg

abb58a28f0a3d49bcapture.jpg

photosfall2011chaneladc.jpg

You never know what you’re going to get when you step inside a photo booth—but if you’re decked out in Chanel, and styled by Carine Roitfeld, as Freja is in the new Chanel campaign, odds are, the results will be pretty good
The Fall 2011 Chanel ad campaign has the same photographer as always — Karl Lagerfeld — and Freja Beha Erichsen back for her fifth consecutive campaign, but thanks to new campaign stylist Carine Roitfeld, the set of images — previewed at the Cannes Film Festival and shot at a photobooth in Paris — has a decidedly edgier feel than seasons past.
fashionologie

Last edited by a moderator:
Freja is sooo cute smiling. :crush:

These are just previews, right? It must be.

The only shot I remotely appreciate is the middle one. The other two are terrible. I hope this gets better.

^ he just decides, y'know.

I want to hate it but the winter humid-ish mood of this reminds me of some of the ads with Angela Lindvall around 2000, 2001.

That being said, he's a little too clingy with certain models, that's the weakness.. or just the 'trait' that gives his age away. He could move on faster, Janice Seinen or something, it'd make the brand a lot fresher. Or just fresh. :angel:

Stunning...:blush: So saucy and vibrant with life! Her smile with the mask.. Ah. :heart:

Despite all the bitching, I kinda like it. At least Karl has finally stopped trying to do the landscape/pristine/Eden photography, because he sucked at it. This more urban approach is kinda refreshing and just 'cooler' in general.

The styling has definitely saved this from being boring and Mediocre, like alot of Chanel Campaigns have been reduced to in recent seasons.

thank the heavens for Carine.

this looks much more fun than the previous seasons for sure.

I can't believe Freja's had 5 Chanel ads in a row, does that set a new record for her at all?

I'm so over these two :rolleyes:
I just cannot remember the last time I thought that a Chanel collection was actually good...

thanks to Carine, this campaign look so different. Chanel going to do p*rn chic, right?!

I want to hate it but the winter humid-ish mood of this reminds me of some of the ads with Angela Lindvall around 2000, 2001.

Oh my word. Glad you brought that up, probably the last Chanel ad I ever liked. So good.

To stay on topic, Maybe Karl decided to play safe in photography that why he chooses this set. You know, it is, after all, a Photo Booth. :lol:

The styling is the best part, really. But the photo with Freja smiling is just so lovely, cute etc. I cannot hate.

So this is not apreview? Oh.

It may well look edgier, but wherever's Freja & Lagerfeld's Chanel of late, I'm not there. I guess I'll stick to the bags campaign this season.

saw the title and moaned with disgust, but i love it. i guess carine will stay busy after leaving vp, hopefully she will jazz up some other boring brands campaigns.

the mask with the chanel's logo........what the hell was carine thinking? it looks nasty, even freja couldnt stop laughing. and worse, karl's photography. sorry karl, but one man can't do it all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->