Chanel Hand Grenades And Gold Ringed Tampons

Originally posted by princess_tess@Sep 24 2004, 09:39 PM
^^Omg, I saw that too, i couldn't watch when they started to do it... I felt light headed... I think its really dumb... Aren't they fashion designers?? I'd be dissapointed if my company started doing things like creating gold chain tampons...? I don't care what its for, its stupid :innocent:
[snapback]375030[/snapback]​

I don't think the designers themselves make it, I think that it's the store (or the artist in the case of the toilet and guillotine), they use the designer logos to make it ironic/funny/interesting

Originally posted by Acid@Sep 24 2004, 05:48 AM
:shock: :dizzy:
that is so outrageous!!!!!!!!!!! i cant believe they made that :lol: :sick:
after seing a video of one of those american guys having his head hacked off i cant find this chic at all.....my fingers go weak everytime i remember it :sick: :sick:
[snapback]374461[/snapback]​

Acid,

The guillotine was made in 1998, by Tom Sachs, a very serious and respected artist. He incorporates big designer logos into his sculptures to make critiques about commerce, status-symbols, consumerism, and logomania. His work is very interesting and important, IMO. And it has nothing to do with the current state of the world.

This new Sin Berlin shop, however, is just trying to cash in on Tom's ideas. :angry:

Tom Sachs’ highly personalized use of materials and processes is rooted in “bricolage”, a French word for do-it-yourself. His work addresses a wide range of issues including appropriation, branding, consumerism, globalization, entertainment and functionality. He first became known for making guns out of urban detritus and store-bought hardware. Then he became better known for branding his won constructions with the logos of luxury fashion houses like Prada, Chanel and Hermès. He made headlines when a bowl of live ammo at the front desk of his show at Mary Boone’s 57th Street gallery landed her in jail for a night. Recently his work was on the frontline again when his controversial sculpture “Prada Death Camp”, a model of Auschwitz made out of a Prada hatbox, was exhibited at the Jewish Museum, New York.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->