Chanel Handbags 2021 by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
Zoe Adjani (below), and also set to feature Anna Mouglalis, Rianne van Rompaey, Imaan Hammam and Louise de Chevigny:

It been not be the first shoot of the campaign because ...Oh Lord it looks like a paid post instragram from influencers
I am scared now
Also why bother with a campaign knowing that the bag is a best seller its like having a campaign for Birkins I don't get it

I like the cast but it should have been done by Meisel or Sadli.

I wonder who did the styling...

Also why bother with a campaign knowing that the bag is a best seller its like having a campaign for Birkins I don't get it
They used to do it sometimes with Karl. A little publicity does not hurt to keep it consistently in the conversation...Even Hermès sometimes features the Birkin (and for some reason, never the Constance).

And a nice campaign does not hurt after a year of multiples prices increases on those particular bags.

There's a faint Alicia Vikander feel to this that puts me right off. I suppose it's better than Sadl-ey, but I want Meisel!

I like the cast but it should have been done by Meisel or Sadli.

I wonder who did the styling...

They used to do it sometimes with Karl. A little publicity does not hurt to keep it consistently in the conversation...Even Hermès sometimes features the Birkin (and for some reason, never the Constance).

And a nice campaign does not hurt after a year of multiples prices increases on those particular bags.

Yes absolutely right I was pointing that because from this preview . It adds nothing new to the table and looks too forced and very commercial to me
I'm maybe speaking too soon and should wait until all the campaign comes out
I just hope it won't turn to an instagram campaign.

Beside that , I can't wait to see Imaan shots

And Claudia Schiffer at home , Mouglalis ♥️

It been not be the first shoot of the campaign because ...Oh Lord it looks like a paid post instragram from influencers
I am scared now

Chanel always does a 'classic' bag campaign every 5 years or so. The last one was for the Boy Bag. They don't have a new 'classic' bag, so they decided to focus on the original.

It's a lovely shot of the bag. Strangely enough, a simple ad like this really can speak volumes about the status of a brand. It's obviously Chanel, but what makes it special? Where is the intrigue behind it? Is it just about a french girl going about town in her expensive handbag? All she's missing is an iPhone and her Starbucks. What kind of story is that? Chanel isn't a brand like Louis Vuitton and Michael Kors that can be sold to the masses. It's very prestigious. Everything needs to be elevated to reflect that. That doesn't mean bourgeois, nor does it mean completely accessible. There has to be a balance. Karl really did make Chanel fun and interesting. Even with some of the strange casting choices the images still made an impact. So far this preview is not promising.

So Isabelle's daughter is the latest Chanel ambassador? She is better than Lily-Rose and Charlotte though!

And Claudia Schiffer at home , Mouglalis ♥️

Claudia Schiffer is also on this campaign? DON’T DO THIS TO ME hahaha it’s about time to see meine Claudia again in a Chanel ad!

:angel: looks mindblowing cheap like a Trafalgar Tour advertisement. it looks like shes wearing vintage everything, which is obviously not how to sell new things...

Full Campaign:

CHANELC.COM

Truth to be told, it’s a great and even fabulous campaign. It’s relatable and dynamic.
And I can’t say anything about the bag. I love it, I own it and the campaign reflect the use of a bag...

Considering that the bag was created by Karl, it could have been great to include some of his clothes tho.

And I love the fact that we cannot see their faces but still recognize them...And Louise de Chevigny should get more Chanel campaigns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Realktz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"