Chanel Haute Couture F/W 04.05 Paris

I can't lurk right now, I have to say how much I love this. :blush: though it's predictable, it's not in a bad way at all... I would wear almost everything from this. the proportions are really lovely, and the use of fabric and textures is, as always, perfect. karl did good. :ninja:

BTW, what's with their make up. It reminds me of Ninja Turtles ...

I actually like the make up. Not to wear myself, but the models look beautiful. I love the way those hats look.

Originally posted by mikeijames@Jul 7th, 2004 - 11:29 am
is mr. lagerfeld expecting a mild winter? i'm surprised (at least in these photos) at the lack of heavier clothes.
it's spring/summer 05, isn't it? :wink:

no its a/w 2004 :wink:

but remember these couture clients arent exactly going to be out walking for hours in the cold or rain anytime soon Mike :kiss:

yes...and they'll surely wear a fur coat over the outfit... :wink: :P

thx for the pix acid...

not so crazy about the make-up...but there are some very good pieces in this collection...it doesn't really have the WOW factor that i expect from couture though...

it seems like a fancy ready to wear collection...hmmm... :shifty:

As softgrey mentioned in the Dior couture post, I don't think it was well cast.
I find it extremely odd to see 14 year old girls modeling Chanel Couture....they almost look like they were playing dress up in their grandmother's closet.

I'm seriously disappointed in this collection, I thought It would have been much better.....sorry KArl! :flower:

Originally posted by Acid@Jul 7th, 2004 - 12:08 pm
no its a/w 2004 :wink:

but remember these couture clients arent exactly going to be out walking for hours in the cold or rain anytime soon Mike :kiss:
oh, i'm sorry :innocent:

Originally posted by Sugo@Jul 7th, 2004 - 7:19 pm
As softgrey mentioned in the Dior couture post, I don't think it was well cast.
I find it extremely odd to see 14 year old girls modeling Chanel Couture....they almost look like they were playing dress up in their grandmother's closet.
Good you mention that...two days ago I saw an interview with Karl Lagerfeld on German television and he explained that 'adult' models are great for advertising and commercials and stuff and that the young new and fresh models are perfect on the runway, because they radiate something very special and elegant he cannot define....So there you have it B)

Originally posted by softgrey@Jul 7th, 2004 - 10:10 am
yes...and they'll surely wear a fur coat over the outfit... :wink: :P

thx for the pix acid...

not so crazy about the make-up...but there are some very good pieces in this collection...it doesn't really have the WOW factor that i expect from couture though...

it seems like a fancy ready to wear collection...hmmm... :shifty:
i forgot what my post said...but i agree with what you say soft....its simple but still nice...but not astonishing . its seems to be a few grades up from rtw......

i really like one dress :wacko:

Chic chic chic! Karl Lagerfeld is my favorite of the current couturiers! Nothing new, but still a great collection. :flower: :heart:

argh... regardless these great outfits... Chanel is beginning to bore me, way too repetitive :(

some of the dresses look great, but this collection has nothing new. :(

Originally posted by Mr-Dale@Jul 7th, 2004 - 8:12 am
capt.par10507071057.france_fashion_par105.jpg
I can't tell -- are these gloves? I think I can see her fingernails, but then her hands are painted purple?

Originally posted by seraphelle+Jul 7th, 2004 - 4:10 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (seraphelle @ Jul 7th, 2004 - 4:10 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Mr-Dale@Jul 7th, 2004 - 8:12 am
I can't tell -- are these gloves? I think I can see her fingernails, but then her hands are painted purple? [/b][/quote]
It looks like, yes, her hands are painted purple. She has a few rings and the armwarmers over top.

:heart:

Originally posted by seraphelle+Jul 7th, 2004 - 11:10 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (seraphelle @ Jul 7th, 2004 - 11:10 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Mr-Dale@Jul 7th, 2004 - 8:12 am
I can't tell -- are these gloves? I think I can see her fingernails, but then her hands are painted purple? [/b][/quote]
:sick: Her hands look dead... and so does she... On the other hand Im wondering is shes a guy... :wacko:

Originally posted by Asdiklon+Jul 7th, 2004 - 5:29 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Asdiklon @ Jul 7th, 2004 - 5:29 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by seraphelle@Jul 7th, 2004 - 11:10 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-Mr-Dale
@Jul 7th, 2004 - 8:12 am

I can't tell -- are these gloves? I think I can see her fingernails, but then her hands are painted purple?
:sick: Her hands look dead... and so does she... On the other hand Im wondering is shes a guy... :wacko: [/b][/quote]
She does... with that pallor and the eye makeup and the hands... I like it though.

Oh, and, Brit made quite a few Worst Dressed llists with this one:

the make-up was pretty terrible.... and the worst thing about the show. :sick:

00030f.jpg
00310f.jpg

it's like chanel's trying to delve into "dior-world" with those huge false eyelashes.

imo it would've been so much nicer without them....fresh-faced, young, gorgeous :cry:

they could've at least used more "sensible" eyelashes or something ... more doe-looking instead of ones so clownish and dense :yuk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->