Chanel Haute Couture F/W 2018.19 Paris

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by vogue28, Jul 3, 2018.

1. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

2. vogue28

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

3. vogue28

VOGUE.COM

4. vogue28

VOGUE.COM

5. vogue28

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

6. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Crikey, what a downright ugly collection! He's lost the plot for this brand. The only one worth mentioning is the bride (is that Adut?? First time I've seen a black bride, I'm sure this is history, right?) The slit and piping detail, odd proportions, and satin underlay is really quite atrocious. Not even the set can save this collection this time around.

Who's in charge of snapping Chanel's runway pics? The girls always look so unflattering.

7. Nymphaea

Nymphaea Well-Known Member

Karl isn't getting any better, quite the opposite. Very oldish. I miss the luxury timeless Chanel from years ago.

8. Melancholybaby

Melancholybaby Well-Known Member

Alek was the bride back in 2004. ❤️

9. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

Very beautiful collection! So energetic and focused!
    The pictures or stills doesn’t do justice to it. You need to see it in motion to really appreciate it as the models’s posture and poses are a bit «*gauches*». The slits and unzipped details are very «*cool*» (i hate the word).
    It created a almost 3 dimensional thing around the clothes as we don’t normally focused on the lining and it was very interesting!

I love the big chunky knitted skirt and the Couture down jacket! If I was rich I would have died to have them! I hope to see Daphne Guinness in that skirt!

The suits are in majority dresses worn with jackets but I wished he showed them opened as it would have made the silhouettes less heavy (even if the tweed is kinda light) and it would have been interesting to see the proportion with the slits and underskirts!

I love the more traditional, redcarpet ready dresses toward the end.

Very very lovely collection! Much better than S/S2018.

And Adut in mint green...Stunning! I love her as a new Karl’s favorite. I hope it means campaigns soon...

Now I want to see how Sheikha Mozah and Anna Wintour are going to modify their looks because they obviously won’t show that much leg!

And the set was lovely and the show more intimate.
    I’m very excited for Fendi now!

No the last time he had a black bride was in 2004. It was Alek Wek which was a favorite of him.
    I think Brandi Quinones was a bride in the 90’s also

10. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

I've just seen that, what a vision! :heart: Seem to recall that collection, but not that Alek closed it. Thanks!

Must say that I'm not big on Adut, too much hype, but she closed the show with such statuesque yet adorably restraint presence. She moves around like a 40s star!

My opinion about the rest of the collection still remain though. Utterly uneventful.

11. billiejbob

billiejbob Active Member

C'mon, Karl...
    Even the set itself was really disappointing. Chanel has done the Parisian street venue before yet there are SOOOOO many ideas for a better set than this!
    Also so many ideas in this collection have been done before in previous collections. I know that's Chanel's things, recycling themes...but this collection took it to a whole new level.
    The only good thing about it is seeing Adut close - glad to see an Aussie-Sudanese model close Chanel!

12. chanelh

chanelh Active Member

that mint green wedding look is everything:heart: especially for FW winter season, such a precious
    as for the rest, i need to see the video, but i will pass black taffet dress first

13. lewak

lewak Active Member

Been watching this on Pop's insta stories since I woke a couple of hours ago on repeat repeat..... It does look much much better in moving image!

I always disagree with benn98. The proportions are good, this show is strong..... But the black bride is def not a new thing!

14. jeanclaude

jeanclaude Active Member

He just added slits to the standard Chanel clothes, and called it a new collection...

15. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

It’s not really a random Parisian street.
    It’s the street of the Académie Française and les bords de Seine. You can’t really see that in the pictures...
    There are some bookshops like in Paris and the collection has echoes of 18th Century France (Karl is obsessed with that Period) and the wedding dress is an ode to the «*Costume d’Academicienne*» that Karl designed for Simone Veil (a very important woman in France) when she entered the Academie. Mrs Veil was herself also known for only wearing Chanel.

#15 Lola701, Jul 3, 2018
    Last edited by moderator salis5: Jul 3, 2018
  16. liaa

liaa Active Member

It's not a bad collection , there are some nice pieces but at the same time it's Chanel (the most iconic fashion brand) .....
    I want to be impressed and unfortunately it's not the case...Karl's work is safe and predictable these days.

17. Fashionstuff

Fashionstuff http://fashionworldstuff.

Very beautiful in motion.
    A lot of gorgeous pieces, to dream about and , as Lola701 wrote yet,
    if i was rich i would die for many pieces from this couture collection.

18. MillerJoe

MillerJoe New Member

Why do so many people dislike this

19. Perickles

Perickles Well-Known Member

I love this!

20. Les_Sucettes

Les_Sucettes Well-Known Member

Business as usual and nothing stands out to me. The setting is totally unoriginal, peak cliche.
    The green dress would have been atrocious if it was another model wearing it, she elevates the look to something that it does not deserve.

#20 Les_Sucettes, Jul 3, 2018
    Last edited by moderator optimusprime: Jul 3, 2018