Chanel Haute Couture F/W 2018.19 Paris

This' so beautiful and simple. I adore this collection. I'd love to see HQ images of it

it is boring but rich old bored ladies must be happy to spent miles for the same just to think that they are stylish in Chanel

it's a boring collection, i can't see the connection between the first grey looks and the sparkling ones... And this 'bridal look' is a bad joke.

Some of it is really good and some of it looks really old, like straight from the 80s old.

I mean it's really just a regular Chanel collection for me. There are some pieces that are gorgeous, others that don't work in shape (which in the end doesn't really matter because clients will have the proportions customized to their liking), the embroidery is painstakingly done and perfect and yet we've seen most of it before. It doesn't push any boundaries, but will sell. That's about it.

In an era where most models lack grace, Chanel should stop making a runway show where the models have to stop for a pose in the middle of a walk as evidenced by how badly most photographs of this collection are taken. The pictures literally didn't do justice to this beautiful collection.

I love this collection. Karl's proposition of multi-dimensional zipper is very interesting, particularly when it comes to the construction of the skirts (the way the long skirts are unzipped to reveal a miniskirt underneath is sexy in the chicest way possible). Subtlety seems to be an overarching theme throughout the show, judging by the fair amount of discreet linings on several looks (the most exquisite example is the black velvet coat with encrusted blooms in look 54). The decision to cast Adut as the bride is also very inspired. I'm glad that Karl is starting to regain his good taste of muses (Luna, Grace, her) after championing mediocre, nepotistic 'models' for many seasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"