Chanel Haute Couture F/W 2020.21 : Adut Akech & Rianne van Rompaey by Mikael Jansson

Yes correct the last HC campaign was in 2004 for Fall Winter. These campaigns got really hard to find and from memory only W Magazine published them and do not even feature in the Chanel Campaigns book.
Back in the 90s the 2 main models for HC were Christy Turlington and Shalom Harlow who had the most HC campaigns. The other models were more one offs (except Linda who had 2 memorable ones as well) or would piggy back a PAP campaign with a HC campaign (Stella Tenant, Devon Oaki, Erin O'Connor......etc.). All these campaigns really brought class, elegance and bags of glamour and sophistication.

Lily Cole did a Croisiere campaign and that was for Cruise 2005 which was by the way the last Croisiere campaign they did before starting them again in 2008 with Claudia Schiffer.

Really happy to see a HC campaign again but quite surprised as all the main Maison have stopped doing them ages ago, are you aware of any other brand who are reviving their HC campaigns as well? (I a more of a Chanel geek LOL...).
To come back to this campaign I find it really full of life and exciting what a way to come back with a campaign!
The campaign of Milla in 1998 or even Colette in 2000 were fabulous! Sometimes, Karl’s campaigns can be cheesy but overall his Couture campaigns were great.

I think overtime, brands just ran with advertorials...VI was notorious for that if I remember.

While it was obviously common in the 80’s or 90´s for houses to do campaigns for Couture, except for Versace, Chanel and Valentino, I don’t remember other houses doing something memorable!

I can't recall when last I've seen an actual ad campaign for the HC line. Early 90s?
Maybe ambassador Lola cal clear it up for me, lol?

Ahahhaha! I gave up my ambassador title when Virginie took over.
The last time they did an Ad for Couture was in 2000 I think. Since then they just did « dossiers de presse ».
It’s clever to use the lookbook as the campaign...considering how low the impact of their little videos was compared to the shows.

Having been a lurker in the TFS for years and only got registered for an account recently, I am hesitant to reply any post. But it is always delightful to read Benn’s and Lola’s posts. Thanks for both of you giving me some laughs. I really enjoy reading you posts as always!

Having been a lurker in the TFS for years and only got registered for an account recently, I am hesitant to reply any post. But it is always delightful to read Benn’s and Lola’s posts. Thanks for both of you giving me some laughs. I really enjoy reading you posts as always!

:lol: Lola is just such a devout Chanel fanatic that I couldn't resist.
Welcome Johannes, hope you'll enjoy your time on here!

Thank you and welcome.
It’s always a fun match with Benn.

I think last couture campaign was 2006.

Virginie's Chanel is so boring tho... There's no fashion nerve. It's just there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snork
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->