Chanel Haute Couture F/W 2020.21 Paris

So many looks for the ugliest dress thread. Its surprising that after all these years spent with Karl, Virginia is unable to design a single decent collection. Lots of people whined about Lagerfeld, claiming that he showed the same thing every year yet now they hail this woman who just copied looks from previous seasons. You can easily pinpoint the exact show she took the "inspiration" from. Everything she makes looks so matronly and dated. As usual there is a huge problem with proportions. You can have the most skilled atelier in the world but without a creative mind behind, it will never work.

Virginia and Mary should both get on the Vespa and drive away.

Last edited:
Not that bad to be honest, it's a bit more mature than other things she's showed for HC, which verged on communion wear. She does not have the best eye for color so I liked that it's very black and white. The lack of a clear statement is what's troubling, silhouette wise there's everything under the sun thrown at us and it's confusing.

The final look is quite something in motion, the white dress with paniers is nothing new but is easy on the eyes and the black dress with a tiered lace skirt is lovely. Underwhelming but my expectations were set lower.

You can tell the execs have told her to make it look more younger and edgy (hence the lite punk rock stylism in some looks)...but at the end, it is just the same generic orgy of dated tweeds as usual.

There are actually some awesome pieces in here but in terms of styling and photography there's just so much inconsistency! They needed to ditch the "artistic" route and just has one or two models show the pieces for what they are...rather than show them for what they could be in some sh*tty editorial.

Adut's picture in purple would make a stunning Vogue cover.

That's it. That's all I have to say, lol

what you all expect? She can't nail a proper RTW, of course she can't nail Couture

It's all hideous.

There's some beautiful tweed here (and that beaded bodice towards the end) which fools the eye at first glance, but then it's wasted on monstruosities at second glance.

L22 is the only acceptable piece and that's only because it's a timeless shape.

ETA: There's a special place in fashion hell for this one:

qvcpidOJ_t.jpg

I see the references to Karl’s Chanel...From the 80´s stuff to the early 90’s. Even the pink-ISG hairstyle is very reminiscent of Karl’s FW99 Couture.
The coat with the flowers embroidered in circle is also a cute coat and a reference to Karl.

‘Overall, the images of Jansson are fabulous but the collection is not. There’s an intention of modernity but you are modern or you aren’t. Karl had a very forward vision and Virginie is all over the place. The suits are hideous and it’s a very half collection. I need more extreme or fuller silhouettes.

I’m not disappointed because I have gave up on Chanel anyway.

There are actually some awesome pieces in here but in terms of styling and photography there's just so much inconsistency! They needed to ditch the "artistic" route and just has one or two models show the pieces for what they are...rather than show them for what they could be in some sh*tty editorial.

I was thinking the exact opposite. They consciously did themselves a huge favour by having Mikael Jansson shoot the clothes. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->