Chanel Haute Couture S/S 2010 Paris

I just dont understand the hair. It drowns out the collection. The clothes are too simple for such..... obnoxious hair. Remember Chanel Couture Fall 2006? That had BEAUTIFUL hair.

b53za8.jpg

gettyimages

sorry, my source is lulusmith.com!

I can't really do with the egg-shape, not a look I'm keen on. Like the colours, though...
Wow the thing on Lara is bad!

Last edited by a moderator:
kwonsm, please provide the source for that image as per tFS policy. Thank you.

Am I the only one disliking the silver boots? They look kinda cheap.... or at least unsuitable for the collection. Karl should have gone with beige or light blue shoes

The cut of that 'orange' skirt is astonishing.

It looks late 60s / early 70s inspired.

So is Daphne Guinness John Galliano's and Karl Lagerfeld's hair muse?

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember Chanel Couture Fall 2006? That had BEAUTIFUL hair.

Don't even tell me. I've just looked at the pic from the S/S 06 couture show and the hair was just brilliant. Don't get this thing at all.

Everyone please DO NOT hotlink your images. They need to be uploaded to an image hosting site first or they will be deleted. Thank you.

Based on what we've seen so far, I'm unimpressed.
The "grecian" gowns seem to all be made of the same fabric (silk I believe). Nice, but not red-carpet material.

lara, hanne gaby, frida and elsa = my favourite looks :D

God, its soo hard to focus on the collection with that awful GaGa hair and bow combination. It's so distracting!

So far, I have to say, this collection is very Karl Lagerfeld. The whole futuristic/baroque thing is aesthetically very similar to his own line. I just don't know if I like this influence at Chanel. It looks strange.

My favourite piece so far is what Lara wears; the tulle cloud dress. Absolute perfection! :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->