Chanel Haute Couture S/S 2010 Paris

7a544126.jpg

getty

Chanel basked in luminous pastels Tuesday with a spring-summer 2010 haute couture show dubbed neon Baroque by the label's uber-designer Karl Lagerfeld.
Oversized pillars that lined the walls of the show's venue glowed with a fluorescent rainbow as the models minced down the catwalk in buttery yellow culotte suits, fancy plissed tank dresses in baby blue silk and ankle-length gowns in frothy pink on boots with silver rococo heels and pearl-studded soles.

The polychromatic show represented a break from the high contrast black-and-white collections that are the storied label's marque de fabrique.
Lagerfeld called working without black a "challenge" but said the idea for the color-soaked show came in "electronic flashes I get in my head."
"I saw it in a dream and I made the sketches ... at five o'clock in the morning," he told Associated Press Television News.

Some of the looks had a dreamlike quality. An off-the-shoulder bubble dress awash in tiny silk ruffles evoked sea foam, or a cloud. The wedding dress — which traditionally closes haute couture displays — had silver sequin-covered sleeves and a fluffy train in marshmallow pink. Little blobs of silver, like liquid mercury, dotted the seams of the peaked-shouldered jackets which were paired with high-waisted culottes.

Never one to neglect his accessories, Lagerfeld decked the models out in fingerless gloves like the ones he often sports in silver lame and fastened fancy bows into their massive winged bouffants.
abcnews.go.com/

Hmm, interesting. It's almost as if he interpreted Chanel in the future. Very space-age-esque with the metallics and (almost alarming) pastel colors. The yellow suit on page 5 is a bit too much.

Still digesting this collection, my personal favorite collection was Spring/Summer 2009 with the paper flowers...

Ah, Karl's couture is always too wearable, Dior is like carnival with drag make-up, without Lacroix there's just no point in this...:cry:

I love it...the draped gowns are gorgeous, especially that salmon one on Frida, stunning...so soft :heart:

I'm not exactly thrilled by this so far, but it's nice. The colours are gorgeous.
The only thing I really detest is the hair and those silver finishes.

Electronic flashes? I'm very curious about the music choice, then.

The pink outfits are great, that draped gown on Frida is amazing :heart:...and I love those metallic "Single Ladies" gloves used to set off the traditional suits (which are in lovely pastels this season). Detailing looks wonderful. Not so sure about Lara's dress though...it's not very Chanel IMO

Oddly, given the fact that there's a lot of elements in here that I normally hate, I think I may end up really liking this. I'm more excited to see the whole thing than I have been with a Chanel show in a long time.

^ I can't even see a minor detail that would make me think Dior besides the hair but that's like a slight thing though.

some nice pieces but chanel just doesn't do it for me anymore both HC & RTW

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->