Chanel Haute Couture S/S 2019 Paris

Snoozefest!!! Is this really Chanel Couture? I feel like I've seen this collection before (and the garden with pools venue didn't help either). I am okay with Vittoria being a Chanel Bride (Although I'm still furious at Karl for giving up on Luna and Grace after just a few seasons) but that heavily emblazoned 1 piece doesn't fit her well.

Just your regular hideous Chanel collection saved by the fact that it is Chanel and exquisitely made, which is what I've come to expect from Karl.

The hair and make-up make the models look like they were bathing into that background pool; and then someone threw a plugged electronic device into it...electrocuted!!

As for the clothes, I see two concepts (lapels and that double-draping) repeated several times; but in different colours and fabrics. And the rest is so basic and unremarkable, that feels just like collection fillers to get 62 looks.

I know Karl is hyperactive and yadda, yadda, yadda...but he is a human after all. He is 85 y.o., he needs some resting and relax.

Actually a very moving event. Karl wasn’t there. Michel Gaubert announced that he wasn’t feeling well...

The collection itself is very Hits/Misses. I feel like more and more, Karl goes back to his first love, 18th century and given that, it can be quite redundant.

I prefer generally Chanel FW collections lately as sugary, sweety is not necessarly my thing. But, perfect suits, I love the new neckline! I love the long and lean dresses. The 18th century part is my least favorite but as a client said « once it’s very tight, it can work ».

But obviously, THE LOOK is the wedding bathing suit! Not very practical because it’s not made out of speedo fabrics but fabulous!
Now I wonder who’s going to be audacious enough to wear that to their wedding!

We are witnessing more and more the last few collections of Karl at Fendi or Chanel...
It makes me sad.

Actually a very moving event. Karl wasn’t there. Michel Gaubert announced that he wasn’t feeling well...

We are witnessing more and more the last few collections of Karl at Fendi or Chanel...
It makes me sad.

he even can't make to the show now??? oh....what a sad fact, the end of an era....

the hair and some pieces reminds me of HCSS 2012, the airplane theme.
yes, some pieces are similar, it's couture, u need to stick to some traditions and standards here, it's an old-fashion topics mixed with modern and fresh twist.

i don't understand why ppl r so harsh on Karl, especially after all those craps and uninspiring things we have seen from those mainstays of fashion world like dior and celine, this collection seems really delightful and elegant from a very old man

he even can't make to the show now??? oh....what a sad fact, the end of an era....
Yes, it’s sad. He was in the studio yesterday and the day before apparently.

I just saw that Suzy posted a video of him in the Studio with one of the Weirthemer.

I wonder if he will be able to go to the Fendi show next month.

Apparently Chanel's statement from this morning said that he was tired to go to the first show and will be there for the second, but I can't find any evidence that he did show up.

I'm sorry to say, but the bride is wearing the most hideous Chanel out ever to see the light of day! Is she wearing a diaper underneath that swimsuit?

What is this collection? I know Karl has been going through the motions for some time now, but this is a new low. Why doesn't he just pack it in and go and design dresses for the middle-class mums at Guido Maria Kretschmer? I understand that the couture customer is way more conservative in taste than we imagine, which is probably why his collections sell so well, but this is just so dull and outdated to the extent of dumbing his clients down.

The irony is that he's supposedly all about youth and looking ahead. Pity that didn't reflect in this collection.

Apparently Chanel's statement from this morning said that he was tired to go to the first show and will be there for the second, but I can't find any evidence that he did show up.
He wasn’t at the second show.

totally agree.
the bride is one of the most hideous look I’ve ever seen. And the hair and make-up are totally a mess.
Only few models can carry that ugly combo without looking like a walking dead (to me, Luna, Grace, Adut, Greta and other fews) I mean, it’s hard to make Anna Ewers looking like a witch in a candy outfit... The dresses, the song remain the same: it’s not Chanel couture code, it’s the end of his era. And the bride with that oversized swimbath is looking almost ridiculous.

Why doing two shows? He didn't show up tho.

Karl is a genius but it's time to close the reign.

As a whole this collection feels like designed by their design team without any particular information from Karl. It's weird, because there are elements from the recent collections, like some hints of the s/s 17 disco couture for example. What's more, Karl did the Marie Antoinette and the 18th century before, I think it was cruise 2013 and it was wayyy better than this.

It's obvious that Karl is getting older and older and he might be very tired, but still he doesn't deserve something like this messy thing. That's sad because we all know he could have done better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->