Chanel Haute Couture S/S 2020 Paris

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by vogue28, Jan 21, 2020.

1. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

2. vogue28

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

3. vogue28

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

4. Marc10

Marc10 Moderator

Yeah she needs to go. Awfully basic, unflattering, cheap looking, and most of all, still not a hint of personal artistic vision. Still looking like scraps and vague memories of Karl's work. Just clueless.

Also, embarrassing cast. Just when you think progress is being made on diversity...

5. jeanclaude

jeanclaude Well-Known Member

Maria Grazia and Virginie could be best friends forever!! They are in the same line of untalented mediocrity as fashion designers.

Hafdis, Sai, TaylorBinque and 6 others like this.
  6. Bertrando3

Bertrando3 Well-Known Member

Oh goshhh it looks awful ! It´s so granny and not sexy and not current

jeanclaude likes this.
  7. aracic

aracic Well-Known Member

How dare she defile the Chanel bride like that? You're not trying to marry an 80 year old conservative woman, Virginie. I jumped out of my skin when I saw this on Instagram.

The collection is absolutely horrible, exactly the same sort as MGC's disaster. She relies heavily on the memory of Karl's timeless designs, but she simply can't pull it off. The same thing MGC does with Christian Dior. It's just sad to watch.

8. chanelh

chanelh Active Member

Looks like her women are going to church everyday, reading history books for leisure and never having sex.
    Who would spend 40K euro or even more on this kind crap anyway, I am really curious how less u need to care about money to buy her HC collection.

PS, I knew it would be a disaster when I saw the preview post on ins, just no sparkle at all.

Chanel is leading to another death, let's see how long it will take

#8 chanelh, Jan 21, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
    Tinna, jeanclaude and Bertrando3 like this.
  9. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Crikey, everything else is awful and stuffy, yes, but who made the call on those ghastly white tights?
    Was Virginie the one who brought the granny element of Karl's Chanel collections because this looks identical to those flashes which we'd often see in his collections. And now it's apparent to me that you simply cannot build a collection solely around that because at least Karl mixed it up with bold colours, funky design elements and so forth (never to my taste), but this collection makes me miss his random plastic, pastel multicoloured, or wooden influences.

Wise up, Virginie!

10. Koibito

Koibito Active Member

Now haute couture officially reached a new low.

11. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

I think those are the best shoulders I’ve seen at Chanel since Virginie took over...
    A very puzzling show...
    It was inspired by Aubazine...Chanel was a child at Aubazine. So the clothes felt like childrenswear on young girl and at the end, it looked old.. « endimanché ». They looked like Catholic girls going to church...

It all looked wearable and basic. Those suits and dress might look fine with heels on. You needs the best Nicolas Kirkwood or Gianvito Rossi to spice it up because it’s very basic.

It’s so weird to see such a modern woman who has worn Chanel for the most part of her adult life and who is still « young » having such a dated and old interpretation of Chanel. Karl was witty and his humor took Chanel to another level. He started Chanel at 50 and ended it at 85. His stuff never felt old to me...I didn’t like his tendency to put his overwhelming volumes on 15 years old girls but that was it.

I loved Chanel because of Karl and I don’t think I will ever love it without another strong voice.
    And maybe they should go back to showing at Rue Cambon. Going to the Grand Palais for a lackluster show with no entertainment isn’t a thing.

Ps: the dress on Kaia is horrible...

12. Salvatore

Salvatore Wanderlust

Thanks for that insight, Lola. I was wondering why it looked so juvenile.

13. donyan

donyan Active Member

this is so melancholic and sad, it feels like the end of the world

14. GivenchyHomme

GivenchyHomme Well-Known Member

They may as well have built the Titanic sinking as the set because it's the perfect metaphor for what is happening to this brand. It's time to throw her overboard.

#14 GivenchyHomme, Jan 21, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
    jeanclaude likes this.
  15. dodencebt

dodencebt Well-Known Member

Virginie's face at the end says it all really. There's an even sadder version of it right now on Vogue.

Kaye Beeh likes this.
  16. GivenchyHomme

GivenchyHomme Well-Known Member

Perhaps there was some drama backstage.

They either:

1. Fired her.
    2. Gave her a warning.
    3. Bumped her back down to the Atelier.

_ALE0918.jpg

vogue

17. rip_ian curtis

rip_ian curtis Active Member

She should really spice it up now. And I don't mean it the Karl way, with a witty and humorous theme for example - if she doesn't have that tendency - but just with easy styling that would make all the difference. Firstly she should ditch those boring low-heel shoes she insists on showing. Make a great pair of sexy, modern heels that really elongate the silhouette and add some swagger. Secondly, the cuts should be more extreme at least for the show. Now everything is neither body con nor oversized - instead everything has a conservative ease and length which ends up looking bland and matronly. She should also think of colours and transparency. Couture, especially at Chanel, should look and feel lightweight as a cloud, and fabric and colour really are big factors in achieving that. Karl was always so good with that, especially his best years from late 90s to mid 2000's. I remember suits that look like tweed boucle but are actually lightweight mohair knit or embroidery on chiffon. Where is all that now?

18. helmutnotdead

helmutnotdead Well-Known Member

Such a waste of everything.

jeanclaude likes this.
  19. kenndale

kenndale Active Member

Gigi looks like a sexy pilgrim fresh off the Mayflower. I think that’s the kindest thing I can say.

franceslions likes this.
  20. Machinegumm

Machinegumm Active Member

No hint of passion or joy in her work.

With every passing collection I feel sadder and sadder.

jeanclaude likes this.