Chanel Haute Couture S/S 2020 Paris

It's almost puzzling that Virginie can't spice up her designs. Her vision for Chanel is so bland that all the Les Beiges line are more colorful than her designs.

I mean, even Sara Burton has more vision and show some of the best technical skills. While I do like some of her work, it's clear that this is a palette cleanser. A really bad one.

Yikes. Her work is literally and metaphorically going backwards.

It’s just utterly unflattering, the fabrics seem like they’re amazing and you could create something extraordinary with them but they’re shown in boring, lifeless dresses/coats. In a way I do miss Karls charm on the runway, he would add in some extra sleeves, change the fabric mid dress, some extra tail, some more collars but that was an easy remedy in the atelier and the look could be flattering as the end result. What Chanel has going on right now is their fabrics, jackets and name/legacy. I guess at this point they don’t need to do much or be innovative, but at least make it look flattering and desirable.

This looks more spring ready to wear than couture (I had the same feeling with the previous HC collection). The pre fall show was way more couture than this. I like the cast, but yeah, not so diverse as Karl last year. The songs are a good companion (except the second one, wich sounds awful), and I like the natural set. It looks like a sunday afternoon at home.

i don't care about the story behind the theme as long as the clothes don't get me excited. i'm curious how her designs have translated into sales, they might still sell because they're wearable and because it's still chanel but why bother spending $$$ on booking the grand palais to show this snoozefest? why bother with the show when the showman's long gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->