Chanel Haute Couture S/S 2022 Paris

Much better than usual.

I don’t know if Dior or Chanel is worse at this point. Awful. The sad thing is that it will probably sell very well therefore guaranteeing Virginie (and Mary Grace at Dior) is not going anywhere.

All I can see is Karl's Chanel but with designed by an AI. I see no personality, no Virginie in this.

Considering her last two couture offering, this is fine, the evening dresses are improve even if they just a boring derivative of Karl.

The makeup is bad, they completely ruin the mood for the show.

But she been relying on Karl way too much and too long. You can only remixing Karl past works for so long, people may still buy it because of nostalgia but she added nothing new to the History of Chanel. When you're at the helm of a house for better or worse you should put more of yourself and stop relying on your predecessor for success.

Movie (arrow/swipe for runway)

Related thread: Star Style/Charlotte Casiraghi

dear Karl, I’m so sorry.

thank God it’s a short collection because to be this bad might as well save us from it. and textiles. and working hours.

there are so many ugly elements and weird combinations that I wonder what’s going on Virginie’s head. nothing good or tasteful for sure but I still wonder.

someone replace her, please.

There’s no soul at all, just plain clothes. I don’t get the equestrian theme either. As far as I’m concerned, it wasn’t translated to the clothes, just another gimmick.

At least each season Karl tried to add context to his work in order to try ne silhouettes, gimmicks, styling approach or techniques…

Seriously, the only thing I like is the little white short coat dress and the return of Adut.

Everything just looks passé, old, heavy, uptight. So sad and gloomy.

I love wearing a Chanel suit but Virginie does not make it desirable. And the dressmaking is beyond terrible.
Ludovic De Saint Sernin is much more gifted than her in terms of dressmaking.

I’m so ready for her to leave! Chanel is in serious need of modernity!

My first thought was they wanted to randomly comment on domestic violence, but given the equestrian theme...maybe the story is about a model-hitting horse?

No, I think your first thought was the correct one. Fashion brands used to be called fashion houses, and presenting such a collection is indeed domestic violence towards anybody watching this and, well, being born before Karl's death, because this is an insult to the house of Chanel.

The styling and makeup isn't just bad, its disgusting. You've got a great setting for a show, and the best models one could ask for. I dont think its too hard to ask for an actually good collection, and also that the makeup doesnt look terrible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
user91036
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->