Chanel Haute Couture S/S 1996 Paris

whippie

Reaction score

note: this probably isn't the show order as the bride is not last, it's just the way the website has them.

Photos by Etienne Tordoir
europeana collections

Last edited:

europeana collections

europeana collections

europeana collections

europeana collections

Photo by Bertrand Rindoff Petroff
stripe-project

Sadly, there does not seem to be any HQ photos on the internet. If anyone has them please share! I adore this show!

Claudia was the bride, you dont have this look posted

gettyimages.com

Sadly, there does not seem to be any HQ photos on the internet. If anyone has them please share! I adore this show!

In 1996 HD was not available...a pity to see such amazing collections with such poor quality pics and videos.

Those custom made cheetah embroideries were mentioned somewhere, I heard about them before. Maybe it was made for Jocelyn Wildenstein?

HQs

therealreal.com

Embroidery is so simple compared to Karl's late years embroideries. Any indian embroiderer can recreate this

^^
This was the most expensive Chanel Couture dress ever created at the time.

This collection was maybe the most conservative Karl ever did. Impeccable and while it’s one of my least favorite of him and of his « Ritz era », some of the dresses were stunning.
Even if this was very classic and conservative by Karl’s standards, it still looked fresh compared to YSL, Ungaro, Scherrer and all of Karl’s contemporaries.

The daywear is the epitome of Ladies who lunch...

Screenshot_20210320-114156_Chrome.jpgit's on sale too! I must say it's a pretty good deal if it really was that much originally (well if you're super rich lol). Also I thought the most expensive couture dress was that white Chanel gown with gold embroidery and white boots?

Even if this was very classic and conservative by Karl’s standards, it still looked fresh compared to YSL, Ungaro, Scherrer and all of Karl’s contemporaries.

The daywear is the epitome of Ladies who lunch...

Practically anything was fresher than YSL's couture, at that point Yves had been doing practically the same collection for 15 years...no wonder Karl couldn't help poking fun of him at the slightest provocation!

I wonder if Bimini was inspired by the punk hair for their bridal look on Drag Race?

Very much a 'greatest hits' collection, probably from the incredible demand from his seminal early 90s collections. The public consciousness is still branded with that yellow and black sequined jacket on Vogue.

It really looks like all the customer orders were put on the runway. It's all over the place and conservative. None of it is ugly though and all very clearly Couture.

d6aa61efbad17a2137945d74741e4c4e.jpg

pinterest.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->