Chanel J12 Watch

You are so lucky noriko! :heart:

Do you know the price for the watch with the diamonds just on the inner circle?

Heres one more picture, I like it because you can see the Chanel plate on the diamond inner :smile:

DSC00194.JPG

Guessgirl: The price of the 38mm with the diamond markers/inner is $7200 in Hawaii but probably a little more on the continent. The prices went up everywhere but HI lol. I think there is something missing from the one with only the diamond markers/inner though. Mine was $13,000 which isn't that much more for the diamond bezel too, I'd say if you're going to get one with diamonds DEFINITELY get the bezel!!!!:flower: :woot: :woot:

^ I popped into Chanel at Short Hills today and checked out the 38mm Black J12 w/ white diamond markers, the SA told me it was 4700, which was rather inexpensive. I settled on that one as the J12 I want to get (hopefully before 2007)

I also saw the Black 38 J12 w/ ruby markers, I thought that was the one I wanted but the Rubies didnt pop like I expected them too...

The Black 38 J12 w/ markers and that diamond plate on the inner, as well as a blinged out white J12 and a Superleggera.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow $4700 does seem steep. Its still $4050 here and when I went to VA they quoted me $4500. I hope HI prices don't go up anytime soon, I wanted to buy a black with diamond markers next month :smile:

Noriko said:
Wow $4700 does seem steep. Its still $4050 here and when I went to VA they quoted me $4500. I hope HI prices don't go up anytime soon, I wanted to buy a black with diamond markers next month :smile:
Virginia? Really...:unsure: Maybe because it's near NYC they jack up the price appropriately? Hmm, I would travel to Virginia to save 200 on a J12 :lol:

Im so crazy, Im over here thinking 5000 dollars is reasonable for a watch. But I love it and it is certainly worth 5000 to me. I need the diamond markers though, it makes it so much more special.

God, Noriko, does your husband (or other family member) have a brother/sister in need of a husband? :wink:

WOW. THE diamond face with the diamond bezel is GORGEOUS. VERY NICE>

^^^Thanks! :flower: I was afraid it wouldnt be as out there because of the black band but apparently its more catchy than my white with only the diamond bezel. I think its because with the white people notice the band and not the diamonds but with the black people see the diamonds first:lol:

Diorling said:
Virginia? Really...:unsure: Maybe because it's near NYC they jack up the price appropriately? Hmm, I would travel to Virginia to save 200 on a J12 :lol:

Im so crazy, Im over here thinking 5000 dollars is reasonable for a watch. But I love it and it is certainly worth 5000 to me. I need the diamond markers though, it makes it so much more special.

God, Noriko, does your husband (or other family member) have a brother/sister in need of a husband? :wink:

hehe whats strange is that I was in NYC 2 weeks ago and they quoted me $4500 in the city too. Maybe you were quoted a rounded price with taxes? My SA said it was $4500 across the US on the pricelist too, I really hope you get it for that price. Saving $200 would rock@! It will definitely be worth the money:woot:

btw you could always go to VA and save $200...or come to HI and save $500 (and get 4% tax) + have lunch with me:flower: :woot: :lol: . Unfortunately I don't have a family member to pass onto you...but I'm not married!:wink: :wink: :wink: lol jj^_^

Noriko said:
^^^Thanks! I was afraid it wouldnt be as out there because of the black band but apparently its more catchy than my white with only the diamond bezel. I think its because with the white people notice the band and not the diamonds but with the black people see the diamonds first

hehe whats strange is that I was in NYC 2 weeks ago and they quoted me $4500 in the city too. Maybe you were quoted a rounded price with taxes? My SA said it was $4500 across the US on the pricelist too, I really hope you get it for that price. Saving $200 would rock@! It will definitely be worth the money

btw you could always go to VA and save $200...or come to HI and save $500 (and get 4% tax) + have lunch with me . Unfortunately I don't have a family member to pass onto you...but I'm not married! lol jj
Definately, the white diamonds on the black watch, makes it pop, also having them as markers it more subtle (Im a boy! Trying not to be too Kanye).

Must've been with the taxes, Jersey has 3% tax. I can always mosey on down to VA (you went to Tysons Galleria?) because my parents live in MD like 10 miles from Tysons. Id love to buy it from the Chanel on E 57th, very Holly Golightly. I was thinking about flying to Hawaii to save $500, but the flight will cost almost as much as the watch!

OMG, Im sooo sorry, I could've sworn I read something about a Mr. Noriko, sorry!! :flower:

The SA gave me the J12 catalogue, here are pics of my favorite J12's...I love the one with the baguette bracelet. Sorry for the subpar quality, I took them w/ my digicam cause I couldnt figure out the scanner feature on the printer. Im in love with the white J12 w/ black diamond bezel, it makes my heart skip a beat. :heart:

Picture270.jpg

Picture272.jpg

Picture268.jpg

Picture266.jpg

Picture267.jpg

Picture271.jpg

Picture276.jpg

Picture275.jpg

Picture273.jpg

Picture274.jpg

Personal Collection via Chanel

hehe I LOVEEE that catelog! I especially love that last limited edition in pink sapphire! The HI Ala Moana boutique has that in the 33mm. I think its like $50,000 or so. I was hoping they would get that watch in the 38mm with the sapphire bezel as well in, but so far it hasn't come in. They are having a limited edition J12 event soon though, are they doing it at the Chanel near you? I can't wait to go!

Yes it was the Tyson's Galleria boutique. An older Asian woman helped me, for the life of me I can't remember her name. I wanted to buy the J12 I'm getting as a gift for someone from there, but its $500 cheaper at home :lol:

hehe no Mr. Noriko yet, I'm with someone who would look awesome in a J12, but we'll see^_^ :woot: :innocent: It would rock to have matching!

Noriko said:
hehe I LOVEEE that catelog! I especially love that last limited edition in pink sapphire! The HI Ala Moana boutique has that in the 33mm. I think its like $50,000 or so. I was hoping they would get that watch in the 38mm with the sapphire bezel as well in, but so far it hasn't come in. They are having a limited edition J12 event soon though, are they doing it at the Chanel near you? I can't wait to go!

Yes it was the Tyson's Galleria boutique. An older Asian woman helped me, for the life of me I can't remember her name. I wanted to buy the J12 I'm getting as a gift for someone from there, but its $500 cheaper at home :lol:

hehe no Mr. Noriko yet, I'm with someone who would look awesome in a J12, but we'll see^_^ :woot: :innocent: It would rock to have matching!
My SA didn't say anything about a J12 event, though I doubt even the Short Hills store is high-dollar enough to get a event featuring 50k watches. Ive heard stories about Ala Moana, darling! Id love to visit someday (with my J12 adorned wrist no less) The E 57th store will, Ill try to find out tomorrow...My SA was sooo sweet, Victoria, the male associates were uber bitchy and huffed alot, she was sooo nice and thought I was British*

Oh I know who you're talking about, she has the gunmetal metallic boots from F/W 05, very hip considering she's probably my mums age.

Noriko! A man w/ a J12...Im getting faint hearted!

*Appearantly I have a British accent although I was born and raised in the US, and have only visited London once...:blink:

hehe nice! People say I have an accent too but can't really figure out what kind it is so they mistake it for an "island" accent:lol: If only they knew what the island accent actually sound like:sick:

Yeah, that may have been here@! She has an Asian name right? I'm sure I'll find her card in my luggage somewhere and be like oh yeah!!!

I hope you make it out to the J12 event. I probably wont buy anything but I'm really curious to see:woot: :woot: :woot:

So what have you heard about the Ala Moana store? The NYC store was great! They had just as many J12s as the boutiques here. I also saw an interesting blue sapphire bezel one @ Bergdorf. They don't have J12s at the dept stores here.

I was super close to buying one @ saks because I opened a Saks card and could have gotten 10% off, but the woman @ the Tyson's saks didn't know ANYTHING about the watches lol. She was trying to tell me that the rubber and the ceramic were the same :lol: :shock: :innocent:

I hope I see more awesome J12s next week when I go on vacation again:woot: :heart: ^_^

btw a man with a J12 makes my heart flutter as well, there needs to be more of them damn it!

Noriko said:
hehe nice! People say I have an accent too but can't really figure out what kind it is so they mistake it for an "island" accent:lol: If only they knew what the island accent actually sound like:sick:

Yeah, that may have been here@! She has an Asian name right? I'm sure I'll find her card in my luggage somewhere and be like oh yeah!!!

I hope you make it out to the J12 event. I probably wont buy anything but I'm really curious to see:woot: :woot: :woot:

So what have you heard about the Ala Moana store? The NYC store was great! They had just as many J12s as the boutiques here. I also saw an interesting blue sapphire bezel one @ Bergdorf. They don't have J12s at the dept stores here.

I was super close to buying one @ saks because I opened a Saks card and could have gotten 10% off, but the woman @ the Tyson's saks didn't know ANYTHING about the watches lol. She was trying to tell me that the rubber and the ceramic were the same :lol: :shock: :innocent:

I hope I see more awesome J12s next week when I go on vacation again:woot: :heart: ^_^

btw a man with a J12 makes my heart flutter as well, there needs to be more of them damn it!
Ive only been getting the British accent thing in Jersey and NYC, maybe its a Maryland accent, then? I know I speak very rigidly, does that make sense?

I dont remember her name, Ive never dealt with her, only seen her, I normally deal with the young (mid 20s) slender caucasian woman in the lilac boucle jacket.

I KNOW I wont be buying anything at the J12 event, some of those watches cost as much as my car.

Ive heard about Ala Moana in general, the ladies w/ thier Birkins and J12's dropping thousands in a snap of thier well manicured fingers, I LOVE that, Ala Moana, Bal Harbour and Americana Manhasset are on my "to do" list. The Chanel on E 57th had J12's as far as the eye could see, they even had the one with diamonds on the bracelet, she pulled it from the safe to show me, it weighed a ton but it was absolutely gorgeous.

Also, I reaffirmed my choice for the black 38 w/ white diamond markers, the one without diamond markers is so "pedestrian" as my SA put it, although the 1/4 carat of diamonds adds $900 to the price (which was $4500 in NYC). I also tried on the white which made me look so well tanned but I didnt think it suited me.

A Man With A J12, that should be a romance novel...

Definitely turn that into a romance novel! I'd buy a copy for myself and all my friends hehe:woot: Or well...maybe it should be a graphic novel!

I guess the Ala Moana store is like that, I'm there! lol jj, but I did have my birkin with me for both of my J12 purchases, for some reason it just worked out like that:lol:

The J12 event here is from the 11th-19th I think. I'll be gone until the 15th so I'm glad I'll be able to catch the tail end of it!

btw FYI, if you call the HI boutique you'll be able to get it at our price (via shipping) but if there is a Chanel in your state you still have to pay your regular state tax ^_^ So you can still get your 38mm for $4050! You could buy some rockin shoes with that $500 saved:flower:

Funny you mention the diamond bracelet one. I totally want it! My SA put in a request to Paris for the diamond bracelet for my white, but I'm thinking I may want it for my black first. What do you think? I think the diamonds pop so much more on the black, plus my SA said that he hasn't seen anyone with my diamond bezel/inner circle add the bracelet to it yet. Then again only 3 of those were sold @ the HI boutiques and mostly to tourists so the odds of someone doing it here before me almost dont exist :woot: The white bracelet does add a LOT to the white J12 w/diamond bezel though, its so hard!:doh:

Okay, I just got a ring from my SA at E 57th she said there will not be a J12 event in NYC...Uhm, to be honest I think she's lieing.

Noriko, I never thought about having it sent from Hawaii, I just assumed that they wouldn't do that (Coach didnt do that).

White on black!!!! Thats the one I saw it was heavenly, heavenly. White on black adds more to it, it's a little flashier than the white on white too.

hi everyone, could somebody please tell me how much the 38mm automatic without diamond bezel goes for in the US? TIA i've wanted this watch for so long and i think i'll be getting it come september. thanx again.

Diorling said:
Okay, I just got a ring from my SA at E 57th she said there will not be a J12 event in NYC...Uhm, to be honest I think she's lieing.

Noriko, I never thought about having it sent from Hawaii, I just assumed that they wouldn't do that (Coach didnt do that).

White on black!!!! Thats the one I saw it was heavenly, heavenly. White on black adds more to it, it's a little flashier than the white on white too.

^_^ have it sent from here! If you decide to go that route PM me and I'll give you the name of a few good sales associates!

I'm not sure why NY wouldnt have the event, thats weird! Did she sound like she was lying? Why would they lie about something like that!?!:angry: Oh well, order it from HI haha.

Noriko said:
^_^ have it sent from here! If you decide to go that route PM me and I'll give you the name of a few good sales associates!

I'm not sure why NY wouldnt have the event, thats weird! Did she sound like she was lying? Why would they lie about something like that!?!:angry: Oh well, order it from HI haha.
How did you find out? I was *thinking* that they didn't want any riff-raff coming in (I AM NOT RIFF RAFF), like random people from Long Island who want to seem classy, I want to go just to look at the Limited Edition J12's that I cannot afford...

I love having things ordered, it's so...exciting, I love having things sent to me, it's like a surprise when I get them.

Diorling said:
How did you find out? I was *thinking* that they didn't want any riff-raff coming in (I AM NOT RIFF RAFF), like random people from Long Island who want to seem classy, I want to go just to look at the Limited Edition J12's that I cannot afford...

I love having things ordered, it's so...exciting, I love having things sent to me, it's like a surprise when I get them.

I got an invitation by mail and everytime I go in there someone reminds me about it :D Seems like a pretty open event since it'll be for days, but who knows. I hope you make it out to see the limited editions! There is one @ the Ala Moana boutique now, its a 33mm with pink sapp and the plain bezel, 1/55. So beautiful but for that money I definitely want automatic movement!:heart:

Noriko said:
I got an invitation by mail and everytime I go in there someone reminds me about it :D Seems like a pretty open event since it'll be for days, but who knows. I hope you make it out to see the limited editions! There is one @ the Ala Moana boutique now, its a 33mm with pink sapp and the plain bezel, 1/55. So beautiful but for that money I definitely want automatic movement!:heart:
That's what it MUST be, invitation only, but it is strange how NYC doesn't have one, it only makes sense! THIS IS NEW YORK CITY!!

Oooo, any J12 limited ed is gorgeous. Id love a black J12 w/ rubies on the bezel, plate and bracelet and a HUGE ruby cabochon on the pull (the one w/ ruby markers isn't remarkable enough)

I didnt know the J12 came in manual and automatic movements...I want whichever involves less work :lol:

thanks for posting the pics of those J12s, diorling. and good luck with finding the perfect one :smile: i'm a fan of the plain white one, i must say :blush: but the one with pink sapphire (1/55) and the black one with the bezeled rubies (1/12) are GORGEOUS! oh, to have unlimited funds :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnakePlissken
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->