Chanel J12 Watch

travis_nw8 said:
and i've seen less black diamond bezels around- i already have several black diamond pendents so i can wear the wtch with them. Is the movement on the watch any good on them?- or just a bog standard quartz?

That's right, you are not going to see too many black diamond bezels on watches - that in itself makes it special :wink:. If it were just a quartz watch, I'd NEVER spend that amount of money on it, but if it is indeed automatic, I'd go for it. Let us know what you decide, and, if you do buy it - POST PICS :woot: :heart:.

The movement on the J12 automatics is excellent! I was a Rolex girl my entire life until the J12. Its really the only watch that moved me, for its quality and of course style. The value is great too, for that price you can't really get something else with that quality/quantity diamonds. The sweeping hand is actually kind of relaxing to watch! I'd definitely say go with the automatic! I've never seen the one with the black diamond bezel, well the black on black, I've seen the white J12 with the black diamond bezel though and it was beautiful! Like BalBabe said, post pics when you decide!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is probably the wrong thread for this but...I'm helping my mom picking out her bday gift...should she get the black 33mm, is that the smallest size?, classic J12 or a Cartier trinity ring...:judge:

^^^the 33mm is the smallest :smile: Does she already have a lot of rings or a huge watch collection? I'm partial to the J12 but prefer the automatic versions. I have some of the trinity rings as well though and enjoy them too. I'd say go with whatever will add more to her collection. However, if its just the plain gold trinity rings, I'd definitely go with J12.

Went to the J12 event yesterday, they had a ton of the limiteds there! OMFG the pink sapphire/diamond with pink sapphire bezel is TDF~! 6 carats of sapphires on the bezel alone, number 4/12. They also had the tourbillion in white! It was really interesting looking and had the awesome price of $130,000:woot:

My mom finally broke down and bought the black J12 minutes before store closing...and the nice gentleman at Neiman's offer her a discount too...it's awesome :ninja:

What was the discount if you don't mind me asking? I was going to buy one @ saks with that open a saks card get 10% off thing but decided not to at the last minute.

Well...it's not the card opening discount. The SA seemed eager to make a sale minutes before closing so my mom haggled a couple hundred dollars off. It's not a huge discount, she ended up buying it at 3150, which I think is the price before the adjustment this April...I don't know, maybe she could've knocked down to 3000...oh well...it's less than 10% so I guess it'd been better if we opened a card, but since she already had a card she can't open another one...it's all good. She loves it!

Ladies.

I saw.

A fake.

J12.

On Canal Street.

Today.

I freaked. It had the "diamond" bezel.

These guys from the midwest were having lunch and were so proud of thier fake J12, I wanted to tell them "YOUR WATCH IS FAKE CHANEL"

Foxie-Pooh said:
Don't worry...they probably know it's fake...:ninja:
OF course they knew, but it got me all worked up inside. They also had two HUGE black Hefty bags full of god-knows-what...

Its amazing, the fakes on Canal St are sooo horrid but the touristes from the Midwest run to them like lemmings.

Disclaimer: I was only on Canal Street b/c they have a Citibank that's open on Sundays...

Diorling said:
Disclaimer: I was only on Canal Street b/c they have a Citibank that's open on Sundays...
:ninja: of course...diorling...you don't have to explain yourself:innocent:

the numbers on the face of the watch are different. i don't know much about this watch, but i had a client who was wearing one with workout clothes and the watch (it was white, of course) complimented her look PERFECTLY! she was the best dressed person i'd seen all day and she was in this drape nike top (very grecian, but made of material like basketball shorts...that sort of jersey), cropped yoga pants, stella mccartney yoga shoes, stud earrings and this massive white chanel watch. we were looking at jewelry, so i was able to really look at the watch and notice the details. when i got home, i looked at the watch online and they numbers were different. hers had actual numbers (in her size) and the one i saw online had little silver marks, i think? but then i saw the bigger version (the largest i'm guessing) online and it DID have actual numbers, so i'm not sure which was right...

regardless, it's a fantastic watch. a bit sporty for my taste, but so modern and perfect for a young person, imho.

It's such a nice watch!!

Anyways, there was a girl on Laguna beach that was like "OMG, Chanel will be so mad that Dior like totally copied them!!"

It was too funny the way that they said it that I had to post it on here. I think it was referring to a J12 watch. I'm not sure though.

I saw a black Dior mens watch at Jeffrey the other day, I liked it a touch more than the J12, more masculine. But the J12 has the movement!!

Really? I though the Dior black time chiffre rouge A05 are more techinically advanced in terms of movement...well compared to the 38mm J12 automatic at least

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haleyabhdisjsbw209
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->