Chanel 'No. 5 L'Eau' Fragrance Holiday 2019 : Lily-Rose Depp by Jean-Paul Goude

Really love this shot! Vey magical, if it is Goude, definitely one of his best for this brand.
It’s definitely him. He is the only one that does this kind of tongue-n-cheek/ cheesy ads well.
If I was the CD of Chanel beauty, he would have shot all the perfumes campaigns. Sadli is only good for Make-up.

I don't recognize Lily at all. To me, the profile looks like Greta Varlese

Fabulous! Always love me some festive glamour around the holiday period and this will do just fine. I am in complete agreement with everyone who believes Jean-Paul Goude is a credit to Chanel, and I'm very keen to see more of this campaign! Thanks a million, @[B]Benn98[/B]!

I really love this! But is it me or it looks like the legs don't belong to that torso or the head and body don't belong to the same person? Or maybe it's the photoshop because they elongated her.
Her profile is lovely, she reminds me a little of a silent movie actress here.

I really love this! But is it me or it looks like the legs don't belong to that torso or the head and body don't belong to the same person? Or maybe it's the photoshop because they elongated her.
Her profile is lovely, she reminds me a little of a silent movie actress here.

It’s a signature of Goude. He always elongate the body or manipulate the forms. His photos are never meant to be « realist ».

It’s a signature of Goude. He always elongate the body or manipulate the forms. His photos are never meant to be « realist ».

Yes it's true of course. I forget that it doesn't always look very obvious, in a freakish way, it sometimes also looks more subtle and flattering in a bombshell way.

And then came the video......
Could just picture Goude going 'Ok, that was great. Let's give it one more shot, but with a little more excitement.' ..and Lily went OTT and that's what we're left with.
What's with the autotune bass music?

Last edited:
I really like the picture but Lily is just not convincing enough to me. Someone like Elle Fanning or Devon Aoki would've taken this to the next level.

And then came the video......
Could just picture Goude going 'Ok, that was great. Let's give it one more shot, but with a little more excitement.' ..and Lily went OTT and that's what we're left with.
What's with the autotune bass music?

I hate when actresses or actors talk in perfume ads...It’s either cringey or weird! This is cringeeeyy!
Chanel didn’t learned from the Brad Pitt thing...

The shot is perfect. If I saw it in a magazine I'd go to the nearest perfumery to try the fragrance. The video, on the other hand..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->