chrisand489

Reaction score
Chanel 2023/24 Fall-Winter Pre-Collection : Iman Perez by Malick Bodian

1.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg

(25ans.jp)

who by who?

these locations that Chanel’s been using as of life are always so devoid of anything really.

Those jeans look like ring stains that a glass might leave.

I cant imagine anyone walking around in public in that outfit. This is Chanel everyone.

who by who?

these locations that Chanel’s been using as of life are always so devoid of anything really.

Eclecticism is at the heart of the campaign, both in the film directed by Kourtrajmed, a film school in Dakar and France, and in the visuals shot by Malick Bodian, a model and artist from Senegal. It continues a story that began with the 2022/23 Métiers d'Art collection show in the City of Arts, Dakar.
From Baz Luhrmann's Moulin Rouge, the film that inspired Iman Perez to pursue a career in film, to the beautiful Passages, Galerie Vivienne, and the banks of the Seine, this shoot captures an amazingly rich array of styles, genres, and influences, and the magic of these echoing each other The result is a magical interplay of styles, genres, and influences.

(25ans.jp)

Eclecticism is at the heart of the campaign, both in the film directed by Kourtrajmed, a film school in Dakar and France, and in the visuals shot by Malick Bodian, a model and artist from Senegal. It continues a story that began with the 2022/23 Métiers d'Art collection show in the City of Arts, Dakar.
From Baz Luhrmann's Moulin Rouge, the film that inspired Iman Perez to pursue a career in film, to the beautiful Passages, Galerie Vivienne, and the banks of the Seine, this shoot captures an amazingly rich array of styles, genres, and influences, and the magic of these echoing each other The result is a magical interplay of styles, genres, and influences.

(25ans.jp)

thank you for the quote @chrisand489 :flower:

they can say whatever they want to say, blablabla concept concept but it’s the result that shows how the idea translates and for me it’s mediocre at best which also means that it’s the continuation of mediocrity. no one on this forum is surprised.

I like the laid back vibe but some look a little too lookbook.

Feels like an editorial you'd flick through in a fashion weekly.

It’s Act 1 so I don’t mind them using new talents for it but they don’t have standards so…
I like when a brand has a consistent visual message. They went from having the same photographer for 30 years to having everybody under the sun doing their visuals…

I like the intention but I wish it was better styled. Those 2950€ jeans are hideous but the camel bomber worn with them is fabulous!

And I must admit as a whole (the lookbook is online) that this is probably Virginie’s best Act 1 collection so far since she took over. There are so many pieces that I would wear in this collection…What a shock!

I guess it's cute. But it's not a wow factor for me. Intentionally parred down, likely. I think Virginie is really trying to tap into the 90's simplicity of Chanel; by revisiting what is nostalgic about Chanel to her. Her approach is opposite of Karl, she keeps looking back it appears. Karl liked to look forward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dafraz117
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->