Chanel Pre-Fall 2018 : Anna Ewers by Karl Lagerfeld

Is that really Anna? Doesn't look like her at all.

She has lost the fire. She's so mediocre these days. I think this concept is fitting for that collection but wish there's more variety in the images themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's more of the same. The shots feel lazy, I see the same car in every picture.

Anna is not a great model. I wish this was Luna or Birgit.

So the first time she got outmodeleled by Lindsey, and now by little Hudson? Can't pinpoint when exactly Anna Ewers stop looking like a model, but it feels like it's been some time coming. This campaign is uneventful.

And least crusty Karl's photography feels better than usual this time around. Love the mise en scene touches. Freja would've done wonders with this setting.

Anna sadly fails to elevate what had the potential to be a dramatic moody cinematic campaign. Would have been loads better with the real Claudia.

The lookbook was so flawless that when I saw Anna’s name, i was expecting the same magic to happen again...
And: major letdown!

First of all, the tragic styling! It’s almost tacky and it’s a pity for such a classy collection. It’s unbelievable to see that a renowned stylist would do something worse than what the studio did for the show...

And then, Anna’s poses and face in the shots! Terrible!
Augustin, Sébastien and Hudson are doing a better in the background, being non-models than her, the professional.

It’s not so often that Karl shoot outside. What a waste....
Do we really need another season of Carine styling Chanel’s campaigns?
I’m afraid of what the main prefall one could look like.

I hate to say this because I loooove Anna but this is not good. I think for this concept she is a miscast. She just doesn't fit into it (and wasn't able to adept) and instead of admitting to that fact and casting a different model or going with Anna and changing the concept they have done something that looks terribly wrong. She looks like she feels so uncomfortable and that makes me feel uncomfortable looking at her, too.

The ONLY thing good about it is the black & white, which all Chanel campaigns should be.

Due to the lack of colour in this, I'm suddenly more appreciative of Chanel's Spring 2018 campaign with Luna Bijl and Grace Elizabeth. After Adwoa Aboah's dark eyewear campaign, then Kaia Gerber shot in the same level of black and white for the handbag advertisements and now this... I feel deflated.

One plus is that, this time around, the images do suit the mood of the collection and the casting of Anna Ewers couldn't be more suitable (I mean Karl could've made our dreams come true by having Claudia Schiffer star alongside Anna in the campaign but guess we'll have to wait for that...).

Thank you for posting, artemovartem!

^ You're welcome! :flower:

Behind-the-scenes of the Chanel Paris‑Hamburg 2017/18 Métiers d’art campaign by Karl Lagerfeld.

chanel

The behind the scenes pictures are more interesting than the actual campaign :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nationalsalt
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->