Chanel question: how do I identify the season and year of a garment?

L

Lady-Penelope

I am interested in buying a Chanel garment from a few years ago, and am curious about the season and year it was made. If you are familiar with how Chanel labels look, would you be able to tell me how to identify this information?

The label says the following:

STYLE/MODELE: 87192327 P08719/W02327 9
SIZE/TAILLE: 38 B0826 No. COL: 17

and then the colour and composition...

Thanks for yor help!

Im sure a Chanel SA would probably know how to do those things. It's somehow embedded in those numbers.

I called Chanel but they were unwilling to explain the label if I wasn't buying it from an authorized source (I'm buying it on Ebay!).

Lady-Penelope said:
I called Chanel but they were unwilling to explain the label if I wasn't buying it from an authorized source (I'm buying it on Ebay!).
Such b*tches, call another one and lie, say you found it in your moms attic.

Good idea, I called Chanel in Dallas (friendly Southern belles, hopefully) and they are looking it up for me right now! Thanks! :-)

nice to know there are still good people out there.
smart idea diorling.

Yeah, she actually called me back soon after with the information! Apparently the labels have changed since 1996 when this garment was made so she had to look it up in the computer by the full style number.

For those who are curious, anything more recent will have a label that starts with something like A04 where A stands for 'automne/hiver' (fall/winter in French) and '04' for the year 2004. The other season would be P for 'printemps/ete' (spring/summer).

actually, the new labeling is very convenient... i wish all designer tags had the year and season marked on them...

jewelry

Hi,

I was wondering when Chanel started dating their jewelry. From what I can gather, it seems some time around 1984 but does anyone know for sure? I would be so helpful! Thanks

- Yael

The reason they can't authenticate any item that wasn't purchased at a boutique is: #1 Because it's company policy, and #2 Because they get absolutely swamped with fake items all of the time.

For example, if anyone needs a repair/cleaning for their Chanel purse they can mail it to the boutique, who then send it out to a repair facility. Half the purses they receive are fake and it wastes a lot of time and money to have to sift through them or answer questions regarding them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giuliagiachetti
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->