Chanel S/S 04 Paris

ignitioned32

Mannikin
Reaction score
The big houses these season fairly made an impact on the Paris collections. Just like Dior's Spring ode to bags, fur and bikin's, Chanel's brought out the usual tweed jackets, black dresses and feminine prints.

They seem to be concentrating on the couture more. :unsure:

oh i love chanel always and forever :heart: the fifth jacket in the first plate
look perfect. those little tight black pants are really cool B)

This show got rave reviews, I might change my mind when I see the whole collection, later at Style.com. :wink:

'The Details!', as a review said. I have to see the details most especially. :flower:

:heart: gorgeous, I lvoe Chanel, my favorite look is maria carlas ( teh second look and secon plate) :woot: :P

I think this collection is great, but does anyone else feel like Chanel PaP has stayed the same for about the past two years? I think Lagerfeld's shows are just really overstyled and overaccessorized. If you look back at past Chanel shows ( http://www.firstview.com/alldesigners/Chanel.html ), you'll notice that each collection has a very distinct identity. I can clearly recall the pieces from spring 1999, spring 2000, fall 2000 and so on. But since about fall 2001, everything at Chanel just looks the same. The accessories change, of course, and there's a new hot bag and shoe every season but nothing really evolves at all. Karl has clearly hit on a formula that sells and receives critical acclaim, but sometimes I wish there'd be exciting new ideas put forth, like there used to be.

it does look a bit the same but there is a lighter mood and no long lengths at all.

not a bad collection though, i liked the lighter colours, its only the all black and the b&w prints that seem boring to me

THIS COLLECTION IMO IS VERY BEAUTIFUL
BUT ANYWAY
WHAT IS THIS?
100118214.jpg

100118216.jpg

SOMEHOW IT LOOKS MORE LIKE A STICKY TAPE HOLDER THING TO ME!
ANYWAY, ANYONE KNOW HOW TO PUT YOUR STUFF IN THAT BAG? :innocent:

ANYWAY, I THINK THE ACCESSORIES AT CHANEL IS VERY NICE, ESP
100118233.jpg

HEHEHE... :smile: THEY ARE SO FUNKY!
I :heart: CHANEL!

hmm tortoisie, they look like little clutch bags in the shape of music items. Cute and faddish :smile: Wait till the chain stores rip this idea off :D

I like this collection too, it is very similar to his past few collections, but luckily I like them all :smile:

Originally posted by LolitaLuxe@Oct 11th, 2003 - 11:26 am
oooh that record bag is a must :heart:
Lo when is saw this i totally thougth of you :woot:

i think i want to design for chanel after karl has popped off to heaven

I agree that it's all been the same lately. same style different colors. i find that a bit boring but love the jackets and skirts so i can't complain. i think the accessories made this collection though. love the vinyl and cassettes.
100118194.jpg
100118211.jpg
100118215.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barba
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->