Chanel S/S 05 Paris

Oh, whatever. Isn't Chanel a couple days late to the whole celebrity madness business? Nicole and Baz totally overshadowed the clothes, IMO. I think the collection itself is pretty but nothing spectacular. Chanel of late seems to just be based on sending out the same signatures (the skirtsuit, the trench) with a different bag, shoe, and brooch each season. It didn't used to be like this. Karl's collections from a few years ago had a specific theme that was carried through. This show is kinda jumbled.

Except for some of those black dresses that opened the show, I was a little bored by it. Ever since designers became obsessed with tweed, Chanel has become so typical, so predictable. Every season seems like a repeat of the last.

sorry...but i think these bags are pure genius...can't believe no-one's done it till now...and so cleverly and ironically chanel...a big giant pearl...makes me giggle... :woot:

I'll give him that grey, some of the accessories Chanel puts out are incredibly cute and very clever. Last season it was the make-up bag, now he's using the jewelry. I think that might be my favorite thing from the collection.

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Oct 9 2004, 02:03 PM
Kitsch.
[snapback]391427[/snapback]​

true.. including those bags :innocent:

my idea of perfection from chanel...
this is what i want from chanel...not ski suits and surfboards...but beautiful classic elegance...

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by BrothaG@Oct 9 2004, 03:33 AM
00500f.jpg

They need to burn this tacky necklace :sick:
[snapback]391297[/snapback]​
Wow, they sure do. :yuk:

Geez, the makeup at this show really isn't doing anyone any favors. Only the youngest, freshest girls manage to look good. Natasa V, Linda, Naomi, Shalom, Anouck, and Alek all look really tired.

00210f.jpg

Originally posted by softgrey@Oct 9 2004, 12:02 PM
this is what i want from chanel...not ski suits and surfboards...but beautiful classic elegance...
[snapback]391590[/snapback]​
OH YES!!
those two looks are absolutely divine :wub:

Originally posted by Acid@Oct 9 2004, 04:46 PM
can anyone else see her love bite?
[snapback]391939[/snapback]​
:innocent:

Originally posted by softgrey@Oct 9 2004, 11:47 AM
sorry...but i think these bags are pure genius...can't believe no-one's done it till now...and so cleverly and ironically chanel...a big giant pearl...makes me giggle... :woot:
[snapback]391585[/snapback]​
:lol: same here... i love it!

Originally posted by softgrey@Oct 9 2004, 08:02 PM

Jee....I wonder what ski suits and surfboards you meant by that :unsure:

:P

Originally posted by BrothaG@Oct 9 2004, 02:33 AM
00500f.jpg

They need to burn this tacky necklace :sick:
[snapback]391297[/snapback]​
i want it :lol:

Originally posted by metal-on-metal@Oct 9 2004, 05:41 PM
Geez, the makeup at this show really isn't doing anyone any favors. Only the youngest, freshest girls manage to look good. Natasa V, Linda, Naomi, Shalom, Anouck, and Alek all look really tired.

00210f.jpg

[snapback]391935[/snapback]​
Boy does she look tired :shock:

Originally posted by softgrey@Oct 9 2004, 01:02 PM
those are the two outfits that I have my eye on as well! :woot:

and the pearl bags are great! :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
minidee
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->