Chanel S/S 10 Paris

The pieces looked very elegant and soft although the actual setting was a farm.

thank god... i wasnt the only who thought about retirement of KL from Chanel.
i love KL dont get me wrong but I kind of want to see new Chanel.

i think clogs are not bad, but if i were to wear clogs i would get Viktor&Rolf f/w 07.08 :blush:

anyway the garments here look couture closeup.. and the bags even more so *heart*. but crocheted straw things like purses you can get at the dollar store even. I love Freja's taupe military jacket at the end, imo the best piece.. and better on her than Sebastien ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess my problem with Chanel as of late is that the shows, and even the collections for that matter, have become 90% gimmick.

I love it when Karl is ironic, but it used to be done in a much more elegant way...a cheeky little bag, or a trompe l'oiel effect on a dress, etc. Now, it's all at once and it's driving me crazy...it's just too much to have a ridiculous shoe, a dumb bag, a frilly dress, tattoos, straw in hair...all on one model. And to top it off, the set is wild, there's live music and campy choreography.

Karl...give us a break...PLEASE.
:flower: So true. I couldnt have said it better myself.

Flower dress aside, this stays true to Chanel as it should. And the runway set made me wanna quit drinking.

At the very first moment I wanted to vomit, now I only want to do it looking at the shoes. And I still don't get the idea of Chanel farm, it's just so not CC.

The concept is definitely something new, but somehow, like many thing, Mr. Largerfeld makes somehow pulls it together and makes it somewhat wonderful... There are some really lovely peices in this collection, so elegant and the colours are so nice on the eye :blush: Althought the clogs are gradually starting to look ok to me, agreeing with gius though, I prefer the clogs of V&R FW 07.08. Youtube is not liking me much right now, so I'm very grateful for all the pictures everyone has put up (thankyou! :flower:)

The jackets are probably the best part of the collection. The dresses are lovely as well.
I detest the clogs though. Really hope this trend doesn't catch on. Also can't imagine anyone buying a Chanel straw bag!

I actually think it was very chanel. 1. the colour scheme 2. the camile flowers that pop up here an there 3. ears of corn (think it was one of coco chanel's lucky charms) which can probably explain the farm theme

well actually i don't like it...something's really missing, the chanel touch isn't here

Blah. I love the white tights with ballet ribbon patters and the bags. The shoes are horrific. The setting is vile. I'm ambivilent about 50% of the clothes, loathe 30%, like 20%. If it wasn't for the presence of a certain British singer then it would have actually been the Chanel RTW show I've liked best in a while (although that isn't saying much in all honesty).

Edit: On closer inspection, I hate most the bags too. On second look, I do like most of the dresses. The clogs still repulse me completely though, still.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I can compare this collection to a movie, it would be a chick-flick romantic comedy with a climactic menage a trois in the end. For a second, during the finale I thought Karl would join the hay frolicking and be done with it. long live King Karl
Queen Alexander
Prince Marc
Princess Miuccia

I guess my problem with Chanel as of late is that the shows, and even the collections for that matter, have become 90% gimmick.

EXACTLY. I miss the days when Karl didn't rely as heavily on wh*ring out the house to celebrities. The farm concept was interesting, but the random menage a trois? Pathetic. And then Lilly Allen performing? Even worse! It all looked so desperate!

I want a fashion show, not a circus show. Save the sideshows for an art exhibit and focus on the clothes!

The celeb circus aside, the clothing has single handedly restored my faith in Chanel. The most beautiful stuff I've seen from him since HC SS06.

^ Yeah- I like the different set and the silliness- looked like a very fun show to be in or attend- but after looking at the videos and the HQs, there are also some seriously beautiful Chanels here...almost overlooked in all the excitement! :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->