Chanel S/S 2004 Haute Couture

I like a few pieces but that's it. I'm a bit iffy on the rest - and pretty disappointed :( *runs and hides*. But I'm usually a Chanel fan!

very impressive collection this seasons couture is just adoreble!!!!~~

:lol: the picture we've been all waiting for :rolleyes:

Kylie & Karl

I think the silhouette is basic but here you have Karl brilliantly work the Chanel couture atlier to the max, making each look different with a stunning detail. I liked also how he fused daywear and eveningwear (as seen in the evening dresses) placed with brilliant details. Overall, pretty good collection for Karl with the details as the major "backbone."

Rating: 8.2 (Out of 10); Strong.

not bad, but a bit disappointing as Chanel couture....

me too, it was a bit stiff and 'old', apart from the pretty little black dresses.
but ..its exactly what the typical HC client will want to invest in, very commercial

Originally posted by Lena@Jan 21st, 2004 - 4:49 am
me too, it was a bit stiff and 'old', apart from the pretty little black dresses.
but ..its exactly what the typical HC client will want to invest in, very commercial
As usual .. I agree w/Lena ... though there's something we all have to keep in mind ..every single design house is going for the sellable qualities right now ..things -on the fashion bussiness- aren't as stable and gold-paved as it seemed on '00 ... creative directors are under immense pressure to get every single piece placed ... I know that Chanel it's Chanel ..and must be one of the most coherent houses regarding the legacy ... but still, this is couture ... I think that the pieces are absolutely great, but it lacks of something ... it just doesnt make go :woot:

i hear you.. it's a bit mature for my taste.

just out of curiousity lena, would you know which couture houses make money?

agreed...i think it is hard for people to realize that when a conservative house goes with a safe collection it will look staid and unremarkable. those who look for innovation in the couture don't come to chanel, the chanel client knows exactly what she wants rather it's the ready-to-wear or the haute couture.

what i find so interesting is how karl is pushing chanel's ready-to-wear line to a younger-and-younger audience (and a more funky, experimental extreme) while pushing the couture to that rarified breed who rejects anything new.

I know how everyone's been saying this collection is staid and uninteresting, but I personally adored it! :woot: I didn't think that it was dull or old- in fact, I found that a number of the pieces (especially those wonderful skirts) were extremely youthful and funky! I would definately buy myself a suit jacket top and that gorgeous black dress if I could afford them. Furthermore, as much as I adore those pieces now, they also seem quite wearable and timeless. I am sure I would be just as happy with them in 20 years as I would today!... :blush: They are pieces which are clearly well-made and classic as well as beautiful. Isn't that one of the points of fashion after all?... :flower:

The dresses and gowns are lovely but to be honest I think some of the suits look frumpy. :yuk:

I like a lot of it - particularly the dresses :blush: , but it isn't my favourite chanel couture collection :cry:

Originally posted by mikeijames@Jan 21st, 2004 - 8:34 pm
those who look for innovation in the couture don't come to chanel, the chanel client knows exactly what she wants rather it's the ready-to-wear or the haute couture.

what i find so interesting is how karl is pushing chanel's ready-to-wear line to a younger-and-younger audience (and a more funky, experimental extreme) while pushing the couture to that rarified breed who rejects anything new.
so true, he's driving the Chanel house in a very clever way, i absolutely agree on the different directions of the pap & couture, it makes sense and it keeps things in their place.

thats why the kylie-karl picture is so ironic :wink:

just out of curiousity lena, would you know which couture houses make money?

according to Journal des Textiles (french trade newspaper) it is Gaultier i know. :blink:

i dont really mind karl, he's improving with age and i like this.
i could not stand him earlier on, its his attitude than can be quite annoying
the way he talks is a bit erhh non-chic, like arrogant and a bit rude.
but he's been improving, at least he gave those silly :rolleyes: primadonna fans a rest.

In my mind, NOTHING will ever top Chanel Haute Couture Fall 2002. But this is a very nice collection, full of stunning, albeit safe, clothes for the typical couture clientele.

I used to like Karl more when he was meatier. He looks so thin and sickly now. Anyway CHANEL will always be CHANEL. And karl lagerfeld embodies Chanel the way Coco wouldve wanted it.
His clothes are safe. and agreed-- Chanel clients do know what they want, and Karl gives it to them too.
It's a bottom line figure thing.
Ive always loved Chanel just because it represents something classic to me. How many years has it been, and Chanel still uses the same mix tweed for suits and skirts... It's really a classic... :flower:

i was expecting more but, somehow this seems just right to me.
the skirts....... :wacko: :heart: :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->