Chanel S/S 2021 Paris

VOGUE.COM

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't especially like Virginie's recent collections for Chanel but, credit where credit's due, this is by far her best collection for Chanel.

It's nothing overly WOW but it's definitely more refined and seems more in line with something Karl would do compared to previous collections of hers.

It also seems to be more in touch with the mature youth rather than a youth that tries to flaunt their wealth. Although in saying that, those neon lights prints will be everywhere on influencer social media I have a feeling.

I think it's the best she made so far. It has the desirable silhouettes, red-carpet dresses, accessories and ready to wear for wealthy customers. What do we want then? Well, a proper designer, not a stylist, but I guess it is the direction now so better get used to it because it will be her for years to come. For me it lacks a "bigger fantasy" but I just always had Karl in my head when I was thinking about Chanel...

I like VV way more than MCG, at least she is not so vulgar in her arrogance that she is manufacturing the same sh*t all over again.

I’m seriously happy I didn’t made the effort to go to the Grand Palais...
It seems like Virginie simply can’t make it without ugly logos and even terrible ideas like « Coco Chanel presents Three Cambon Girls » on a skirt!
It’s decent for her standard but it still mediocre in terms of everything.

That being said, I love the headpieces and the jewelries. I also love the white suit with the elongated jacket with black collars and white lapels and the simple black tweed dress with long sleeves.

It’s a pity that there’s a new Chanel exhibition Paris featuring more desirable and timeless clothes than current Chanel. I would have been happy if Virginie simply reproduced in maybe versions the pieces in the exhibition.

This is Virginie’s 6th RTW collection and I literally haven’t bought anything from either one of them. Not even a brooch! I think I might get one of those veils...

I still think this will sell well.
At least I know Nicolas will give me something in 2 hours!

It was her best collection but yet still bad. The fitting of some looks on a few models is absolutely terrible. Not flattering at all. I hate flat sandals - very granny to me. Virginie is quite tasteless.

It was her best collection but yet still bad. The fitting of some looks on a few models is absolutely terrible. Not flattering at all. I hate flat sandals - very granny to me. Virginie is quite tasteless.
You know there are stories about how Chanel’s SA are rude... The models are dressed like the kind of people those SA would be rude to (even if there’s no reason to be rude to somebody who contributes to your salary anyway).

as soon as I woke up I literally grabbed my iPhone to see the Chanel’s show. for some reason (I was late) the show kept restarting so I gave up and came here to TFS, like I’ve been doing since early 2000’s, and all the looks were already posted.
thank you @vogue28 for such dedication :flower:

its Virginie’s best. not Chanel’s for sure.
a youth driven collection mostly with some mature looks; absolutely loathe those ‘satinesque’ shorts; the few oversized pieces are ill fitting which for me is unprecedented - Chanel’s tailoring is usually pristine; that black leather outfit is disgusting and looks like it was sewn by a rookie; the full sequin looks are also as bad; the trousers-culottes have been always a huge no for me but it’s personal in this case and Karl was already doing them too, RIP; the loafers are matronal, the sandals even if cute are repetitive; and in some of the looks the styling is terrible (Nora Attal’s one comes to mind); the logo everywhere is just Chanel jumping on a bandwagon that Michelle’s Gucci resurrected many seasons ago... which I didn’t think Chanel needed but clearly it does especially with such a non-directional collection.

some of the dresses are pretty and Margot Robbie will look beautiful on them. also the jewellery looks beautiful, as always.

bring someone else, PLEASE. I always heard the rumour that Karl wanted Haider Ackermann to replace him at Chanel but I believe this was when Haider was in full force (his last collections don’t show that anymore unfortunately) and since I started to follow Thom Browne work more closely I would love to see him at Chanel’s helm (even if he seems a little too uniformesque orientated sometimes)... he’s just so skilful and creative! wishful thinking... *sigh*

Not only this collection feels bland, but also tone-deaf. They produced 70 looks, the majority of them was plastered in Chanel's logo. At the same time I'm not sure if Chanel people know anything about social distancing and limiting their number of guests because the audience was seriously crowded. Imagine going to the show and risking your health to see literally nothing interesting.

At the same time I feel like Virginie totally gave up. What's more, Chanel's shows have been getting more and more product oriented. And in my opinion that's not a good direction for Chanel because with price increases and bland pieces like those from this collection people will quickly move on to other brands.

she has made a little bit of effort this time.There some pretty dresses and I like some of the accessories but it lacks something and overall the collection is quite forgettable.

"The invitation is fancier than the dress" --Antonio in sex and the city

I mean she is terrible at dress......just so lifeless.
The jacket, with all that codes and craftsmanship, honestly, I think she passed in that division, not excellent, but passed.
But the dress is where a designer's talent truly tested, cause all the possibilities and difficulties, and she can't even pull off the basics.

To me, her best collection is the métiers d'art collection, followed by 2020 SS RTW, where I saw sparkles and her identity.

Those logo t-shirts and big shoulder pads falling off the shoulders...give me the creeps!

And about the rest of the clothes...what´s the point? The Chanel core costumer already have all these from previous seasons in their wardrobes! Are they gonna buy it all again??

It´s scary to behold what Chanel & Dior have became into.
Mary Grace and Virginie are like twins separated at birth...

63a065ad24d905b1a8347c73eb491389.jpg

pinimg.com

Hmm...so what time is the Chanel show?

They are trying to fool us (or themselves) into thinking they have some concept with the CHANELYWOOD sign, and then completely disregard it and show some clothes.
This was NOT cinematic to say the least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->