Chanel S/S 2022 Paris

A strong Chanel 1995 vibe especially the tweed looks ( set, energy... )

Nothing really new as expected, at least she's clever using nostalgia to sell her Chanel. That butterfly print at the end was also just hideous.

My heart melted when I saw the set. It was fabulous! :blush: This is her moment, and it's about time!

I’ve seen some videos, and the models are really showing personality on the runway, I love that! The clothes are probably one of her strongest yet, maybe it’s because I love the 90s. But I enjoyed the clothes, and I’m looking forward to see the video!

I was so weirded out when videos of the runway started appearing on my timeline: Models twirling! Smiling! Demonstrating personality! Liveliness! Individuality!

A bit of awkwardness was expected since most of them have never been asked to do that! But if the clothes are gonna be this lousy, any and all attempts at bringing some substance to the presentation will be greatly appreciated. There are a few looks I like but the color palette and choice of prints is unmistakably Virginie...not a compliment.

P.S. Runway photography is very bland nowadays and it would be so nice if once again photographers shot from below, it makes for more interesting angles.

Last edited:
It was fun, one of her stronger collections, but I see nothing new. The entire collection was Karl's 90s Chanel remix, without anything new to offer. I see Karl but I don't see Virginie in this. Maybe this is the best we'll get from her.

She is smart when the entire industry has been taken over by nostalgia. She goes all the way and serves them what they asking for. The collection is pretty because she's playing it safe.

I don't see how this collection caters to the core Chanel clients. This collection is obviously for celebrities and Gen-Z. There is nothing in this collection that appeal for women that in the 50. Karl may want to attract more younger clients but his collections always had that multigenerational appeal.

And one last thing. Why would I buy this fake nostalgic Chanel? When I can go looking for the original Chanel in the 90s that is cheaper and more sustainable.

I see that at least they achieved their ultimate goal. They got attention for the show production and distracted people's attention from the bland collection.

In terms of fashion, this show is super weak. It's too literal with its references and the clothes don't show any sense of humour. It's literally a merchandise show, where you see well-made, commercial pieces. However, they don't bring any kind of emotion. It doesn't even bring nostalgic mood, because this proposition is too watered down yet too literal.

At this point we should expect Virginie doing cosplay of Karl with sunglasses and a fan because she has no voice and no vision.

Virginie Viard is a stylist, maybe a merchandiser at best, but a designer, she is definitely not. This is a parade full of the most basic clothes on planet earth with Chanel logo's slapped on and nothing more. The vision, the allure, the dynamism; all of the things that made Chanel (under Karl) so unique, seem to have completely evaporated.

What is worse is that there is absolutely nothing interesting under the surface of these clothes. Everything Viard designs is so shallow and one-dimensional that she makes Maria Grazia Chiuri look like a visionary genius.

Seriously though, Chanel is dead. It's nothing more than a decades long Ponzi-Marketing scheme designed to make Chanel customers feel like they're the richest and most tasteful people in the world, when it reality its quite the opposite. The Wertheimers are clever, clever men.

Everybody is cashing on their own nostalgia…

It’s maybe fun and all but that’s not it for me. I don’t see any vision or any fashion…Just a questionable rendition of the past.

I’m not nostalgic of early 90’s RTW Chanel. It was great era but in terms of design, I think the Couture was more exceptional and while I love it, I think it’s quite overrated compared to the 00’s or even the 80’s.

The thing about the whole 90’s craze was that their was a context to make it great. Seeing Claudia Schiffer in a tweed fitted tweed ensemble doesn’t have the same visual impact as seeing Vittoria in the same outfit…Even if I love Vittoria.

That being said, the opening look and the black tweed coat with satin lapels are fabulous. The coat is great enough for me to have it on my wishlist…

The hair and make up is great tho.

I’m waiting for Vuitton. Nicolas is the only one I’m waiting for tbh…

i know in these times the future is uncertain and so is the economy that the industry relies on but fashion (as it used to be) should even more in this time thrive with creativity and some vision and hope. not just recycled ideas for instant hits for the social media crowd or to please investors. every brand this season is trying to make 90s or 2000s or whatever to be cool again but without any elevation or mere thought of innovation in it. Karl at least had some modern ideas and humour to his collections which Virginie obviously lacks...

It was fun, one of her stronger collections, but I see nothing new. The entire collection was Karl's 90s Chanel remix, without anything new to offer. I see Karl but I don't see Virginie in this. Maybe this is the best we'll get from her.

She is smart when the entire industry has been taken over by nostalgia. She goes all the way and serves them what they asking for. The collection is pretty because she's playing it safe.

I don't see how this collection caters to the core Chanel clients. This collection is obviously for celebrities and Gen-Z. There is nothing in this collection that appeal for women that in the 50. Karl may want to attract more younger clients but his collections always had that multigenerational appeal.

And one last thing. Why would I buy this fake nostalgic Chanel? When I can go looking for the original Chanel in the 90s that is cheaper and more sustainable.
This collection is obviously for celebrities and Gen-Z. - This is exactly how I felt when I looked at the collection.

I actually think this is very fun and cute, not as drab and dull as a typical Chanel collection

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->