Chanel S/S 2022 : Vivienne Rohner by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

After the fun runway show and good styling on the runway, this is the campaign? It's not bad per se but it kind of looks like an Urban Outfitters catalog..

It looks like it wanted to slightly capture the feeling of those Versace ads for FW 2000 with Amber Valletta and Georgina Grenville …

However it’s missing something and not sure what it is yet.

It looks like it wanted to slightly capture the feeling of those Versace ads for FW 2000 with Amber Valletta and Georgina Grenville…

I think this looks more like a 20-something staging a photoshoot in her family's country estate to feed her social media, whereas Meisel went for a woman/setting/lifestyle that's close postcode wise, yet galaxies away.

artsy.net

It looks like a 90s Chanel campaign.

Exactly my thoughts. All it's missing is Claudia, Christy or Linda's allure and Karl's clothes, but it does seems like the early 90s campaigns are what they were going for with this. The production, the photography and even the sets are all quite reminiscent of Karl's archival work. And while those campaigns now have iconic status, this one falls rather flat.

She first the current aesthetic but this doesn't make sense. She looks like a mafia wife hiding it out in suburbia

it all looks so average and that second shot of Vivienne with the parted hair is terrible! who is that appealing to?

I wanted Vittoria and Abby Champion for this campaign but even them wouldn’t save us from those horrible clothes.

The vibe is very 1993 or 1994......Give us something new please.

On the surface her work is much like Karl. But I think it’s all painfully apparent in the campaigns how thin the work actually is. Here we see a sulking model with a backdrop. Painfully banal and un aspirational. It’s neither young nor old. It falls in the middle of everything. It’s kind of of sad that living in the age of the image they’re so bad at making engaging imagery. They should all do Better for the margins they’re making on this stuff.

This looks like a 90's Chanel campaign, if someone put a 90's Chanel campaign through a photocopier, then passed it through a sieve, and then got someone to tread it like grapes for a while, and then put a border and logo around the end result, then declared it as finished.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Realktz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"