Charmed

Discussion in 'the Entertainment Spot' started by SundayMornings, Apr 1, 2009.

1. SundayMornings

SundayMornings New Member

I searched the forums for a thread on Charmed the tv series and was totally surprised that there wasn't one! There are threads devoted to the stars on that show (Rose McGowan, Alyssa Milano, etc) but those seem to focus more on the actresses themselves and the clothes they wear. But I wanted one soley for the clothes seen on the show. :)

I loved Charmed for seasons 1-5 and then it started to get stale. It lost a lot of its original humour and amusing sisterly repartée and instead of fighting off a new demon/evil creature each week, it became this gigantic battle between good and evil and if you missed a couple of episodes, you'd end up completely lost. But the fashions got better b/c the show's budget got bigger and I would sometimes put it on mute just to take a glimpse of the clothes.

Here's a sampling of my favorites. Please add yours!
    source: celebritystyleguide.com

NANETTE LEPORE Cream Top With Fabric Belt
    [​IMG]

JOIE Brown Polka Dot Cami
    [​IMG]

JOIE
    [​IMG]

ALICE + OLIVIA Betsee Lace and Velvet Trim Blouse
    [​IMG]

NOLITA brown jacket
    [​IMG]

ALICE + OLIVIA red military blazer
    [​IMG]

IMITATION OF CHRIST Diamond Choker Top
    [​IMG]

2. haksare

haksare New Member

OMG, I loved this show!
    I was sad when Prue (Shannen Doherty) was kicked off, I really liked her. But Rose M. was pretty good as Paige.
    And of course Drew Fuller as future Chris Halliwell :blush:
    The show is pretty underrated, but I agree the clothes are pretty fab, especially for witches :p.
    I tend to like Phoebe's clothes the most.
    Piper's was a little too conservative, and Paige's was a little too much :lol:

3. SusanSuperstar

what we did not have a threat before????????????? I´m shocked, I love Charmed, but I kind of stoped watching it around season 4. I loved Paiges clothes and style!!!

4. waxy

waxy New Member

One of my fave shows when I was younger. It definitely got me hooked to witchcraft too! :D

5. SundayMornings

I KNOW! I couldn't believe there wasn't a thread devoted to the show either!! And I searched exhaustively too. I'm so cautious about starting new threads b/c a couple of my posts have been relocated before by senior members so now I'm extra attentive.

I think I related the most to Prue and I was really sorry to see her go. But Rose M. as Paige was great! I agree - Piper's clothes tend to be on the conservative side, especially at the beginning, but during the later seasons they finally put her in trendier things. I don't have Phoebe's killer bod so I could never pull off a lot of the stuff she wore. And I'd love to don on some of Paige's outfits but they tend to be too frilly for me. She wears a lot of Nanette Lepore, Rebecca Taylor, and Miguelina and I'd kind of look ridiculous in all that silk and lace. (seriously, sometimes it's like she's wearing lingerie for work/daywear!) Maybe if I had her figure and complexion...<sigh> Oh well.

Here are some more photos:

REBECCA TAYLOR Rope Criss Cross Top
    [​IMG]

NANETTE LEPORE Bow Tie Top
    [​IMG]

BCBG MAX AZRIA Chiffon Tunic
    [​IMG]

DOLCE & GABANNA Eyelet Corset Top
    [​IMG]

NANETTE LEPORE Corset Bow Top
    [​IMG]

LAUNDRY BY SHELLI SEGAL Faux-Wrap Sleeveless Top
    [​IMG]

FREE PEOPLE floral blouse
    [​IMG]

source: celebritystyleguide.com

6. Nefertiti87

Nefertiti87 New Member

one of my favorite shows ever. I like Alyssa Milano as Phoebe the most but all other girls were great too.
    action combined with humor and drama, great combination!

7. Aby

Aby Active Member

I liked it too! The fashion was not bad either.

8. SundayMornings

Season 8 Episode 1

I'm watching Season 8 b/c I never got to see those episodes and I'm just saving some screencaps of the clothes I like as I go along. I'll be posting them here as I finish each episode.

(so, photo source = by moi!).

Paige gets all the best outfits!!! I don't know the brands though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And I really liked Phoebe's makeup here. It's very fresh and girly and pink. (Even though I would look ridiculous in it but I really like it on her).

[​IMG]