Cheap Chic - Bargain Hunting

yep- coach shoes at the Rack!

I've gotten 2 silk and cashmere cardigans from Banana Republic for $9.99 each! Talk about a steal!

I love shopping for bargains!! Its such a great buzz when you get something sweet and very adorable for not much money :flower:

Also, i like shopping during the week day like really early in the morning when the stores just open, that way the SA are more helpful.

Anyway i like thrift shops and having a good old root around. :heart:

I got a spring green dress at the local department store for 5.96 or something like that.. it's a very pale shade, very plain, so I figured no one could tell it had been so marked down. Guess what? I passed through the other day and the same exact dress in the same exact color is being sold this season for about 50. :lol: Not exactly my most priced find, but a funny one.

Thrift shops are my undoing. I spend a ton of time in them and am always finding something new. :heart:

There was this DKNY coat for £285, and I had a word with the store attendants. £20. A bargain indeed.

Originally posted by ahhGucci@Apr 11th, 2004 - 10:36 am
There was this DKNY coat for £285, and I had a word with the store attendants. £20. A bargain indeed.
Wow. How exactly did you manage to swing that...? Can you tell me the "word" so I can "have" it too? :P

Originally posted by chippie27+Apr 14th, 2004 - 6:49 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chippie27 @ Apr 14th, 2004 - 6:49 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-ahhGucci@Apr 11th, 2004 - 10:36 am
Wow. How exactly did you manage to swing that...? Can you tell me the "word" so I can "have" it too? :P [/b][/quote]
I think ahhGucci said "please". :lol:

What if I say please AND bat my eyelashes?
Can I get it for $10?
:angel:

The Limited has a t-shirt sale right now, and they're really nice. They're off-the-shoulder and asymmetrical, mostly, and in pretty colors. Anyway, I like them and they're cheap (average of $15 each). The website is here, but I don't think you can buy online.

Hahaha, the rest of the posts are on mostly designer stuff. I feel so low-brow. :P Ok, so wrong kind of bargain--oh, well.

Originally posted by chippie27+Apr 14th, 2004 - 6:49 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chippie27 @ Apr 14th, 2004 - 6:49 am)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-ahhGucci@Apr 11th, 2004 - 10:36 am
Wow. How exactly did you manage to swing that...? Can you tell me the "word" so I can "have" it too? :P[/b][/quote]
Wait...what? Were they rude or something so you got a discount? Teach me this skill, oh Master!

Originally posted by eloes@Apr 17th, 2004 - 4:06 pm
The Limited has a t-shirt sale right now, and they're really nice. They're off-the-shoulder and asymmetrical, mostly, and in pretty colors. Anyway, I like them and they're cheap (average of $15 each). The website is here, but I don't think you can buy online.

Hahaha, the rest of the posts are on mostly designer stuff. I feel so low-brow. :P Ok, so wrong kind of bargain--oh, well.
hey-a bargain's a bargain... B)

I have a question about off the shoulder t-shirts similar to those: is it ok to have your bra straps showing or do you have to wear a strapless bra?

so many women let their bra straps show, but i think its tacky, even with tank tops that have spaghetti straps. i mean it totally ruins the silhlouette. you have these beautful shoulders sloping down and doh, you hit these tacky straps on the sides. do what prep said, strapless bra --

oh yeah bargains, duh

fred perry track jacket $18 ($90)
dsquared canvas cafe racer jacket $80 (~$425)
diesel jeans $20 ($195)
vintage Gucci briefcase w/ green red stripe 2 (i dunno)
tod's driving moccasins $45 ($325, i think)

Originally posted by banana@Apr 19th, 2004 - 8:50 pm
I have a question about off the shoulder t-shirts similar to those: is it ok to have your bra straps showing or do you have to wear a strapless bra?
With off-one-shoulder shirts like some of the Limited ones, it's sometimes ok (depending on the shirt) to wear a bra as long as you can put the strap down on your arm on the off-shoulder side so that the tshirt covers it (Does that make sense? I didn't describe it very well, I think...).

If the shirt is completely sleeveless, on one side or both, definitely wear a strapless bra. Sometimes they have built-in bras, though. As to tank tops, I hate the exposed-bra look, too. I just never buy tanks without a shelf bra if I can help it.

Cheap Chic

Alright guys...I know that at least SOME people on here don't have an unlimited amount of money to spend on clothes...so I thought...here could be a post for us poor people. Post cute stuff you could get on a budget!

Emi

Old navy $12Urban Outfitter 24.99

Old Navy 14.50

Target $10
B0007LMHLC.16._AA260_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

3.99 urban outfitter
28.00 urban outfitter

You could also check the "great shoes for under $100" (in shoes, shoes, shoes), "great bags for under $100" (handbags section), and the "customisations" (personal style) threads for inspiration :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->