Cheap Chic - Bargain Hunting

Hot Topic has been getting a bunch of nice button-down shirts recently - and they are having a 10 dollar off sale right now. Here are some of my favorites..

814227_hi

840622_hi

899352_hi

848824_hi

The quality isn't as good as Express or other higher end designers, but they are still nice shirts, and for around 20 bucks a pop, can't really go wrong. I own all of those, minus the white one (which I'll be getting next weekend) - the wine red one goes great with a pair of Chor black pinstripe low-rise flare leg pants. There are a few button up shirts that don't quite fit as snug as I think they should, but if you have access to someone who can sew (or know how to yourself), most of em' can be modified. All of the above, though, are a great fit.

I'm not a huge Hot Topic fan, but a store is a store - and they carry some good looking stuff. If you can repair small defects, and watch for deals, you can usually fair pretty well. I picked up an incredible trenchcoat (yeah yeah :P) for 60 bucks, just because it had a button loop that came loose. Quick stitching and it was good, and nearly everybody I know loves it.

Some deals for fall:flower:

Target:

Mossimo Slouch Boots - $29.99
B0009I7F1K.16._AA260_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Isaac Mizrahi Sunglasses - $17.99

B0007LQOHU.16._AA117_SCTZZZZZZZ_.jpg

SmartBargains.com
Kenneth Cole Pom Pom Muffler $9.97
1060232898_XL_black.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
shoegal2183 said:
$20 at Target!
I don't know if it's just my own ******** body, but I thought that their jackets are quite ill fitting. Especially around the arms.

Hebden said:
Nordstrom sweater - $24.90

i love that sweater so much but i saw it in person and the material was horrible feeling. :(

I know this doesn't exactly pertain to this thread or topic... but I've always found it slightly strange how different the prices are for Moschino Cheap and Chic than what I would normally imagine for something "cheap and chic."

Oh yes, more from Target

Isaac Mizrahi Riding Pant. The pant also comes in red and black. $19.99 online only

^ good deal, don't get the white one though. Black is a good pick. :wink:

target has some cute gauchos right now and i got some fabulous velvety peep toe pumps with a bow!

I love this thread! I was starting to wonder about the wealth of this board. As a skint student I love a bargain, in fact I don't think I've ever bought anything but my boots for over £50.
I do love Primark for basics and that jacket was pretty special but I find that in London everyone ends up wearing the same thing! I have 4 friends with that jacket.

I live about 10 minutes away from Brick Lane where there's at least 3 sample sales a week. Yesterday I bought a Peter Jensen dress for £30 and a Martin Margiela tee for a tenner.
I also went to Beyond Retro (on Chesire st, off the bethnal green end of Brick Lane) which is my absolute all time favourite shop for one reason only, THE FAMOUS POUND BIN! Every two weeks the shop assistants fill it up, theres some crap in there that hasn't sold but the people working there also choose a few pieces each from the racks, which is very handy if you happen to be friendly with the staff!
Yesterday I found a royal blue puffed sleeve, high collared victorian-esque blouse and a raw silk blue shift dress for a quid each, brilliant!

Those sandals from New Port news are so lovely! Wish I could have caught them over the summer.

well everyone from NYC knows about century 21 , while the one by WTC is lovely you can get the same bargins and less tourists in the one in brooklyn on 4th and 5th avenue I vist it 4-5 times a month and theres no one in the European designer section , while in century 21 in the city its always jam packed

FYI: Actually your thread has another name for it called HAUTE CHEAP-- which by the way is the IN thing right now...just thought you'd know B)

miserylovescompany said:
Alright guys...I know that at least SOME people on here don't have an unlimited amount of money to spend on clothes...so I thought...here could be a post for us poor people. Post cute stuff you could get on a budget!

Emi

i have to say...i never really understand why people don't post more reasonably priced stuff...

there are plenty of good bargains to be had out there...
and who doesn't like a bargain...?!?...
i'd like to see more of this...

:flower:

^ Agreed. Nice fashion does NOT have to clean out your wallet.

Erin said:
^ Agreed. Nice fashion does NOT have to clean out your wallet.
totally...
and it doesn't have to have a designer label on it!...:lol:

Muji! Their clothing is often reminiscent of the more basic Helmut Lang stuff (the stuff without bondage straps and paint splashes).

Now if only they would start opening stores in the U.S.

Here are a few clothing samples from mujionline.co.uk - unfortunately not very representative, but it's what I could find online. Or better yet, you can follow this link to see their FW clothing catalog from Japan in PDF format: http://www.muji.net/catalog/pdf/catalog_05aw_cloth01.pdf

recycled yarn t-shirt, 11GBP
4547315629480.jpg

men's soft brushed cotton cardigan, 25 GBP
4547315205721.jpg

bangle watches, 22GBP
4547315661411.jpg

One of my favorite pairs of jeans is from Target, Mossimo brand. I got it on sale for $8 last year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->