Chic Technique...Good enough to eat...

softgrey

flaunt the imperfection
Reaction score
from the ny times style magazine...a story highlighting the various techniques used for eveningwear by various designers...
[Trussed]
A well-trussed chicken (or chick) is as strapping as this Ralph Lauren Black Label fuchsia silk organza gown, $2,998. At selected Ralph Lauren stores. Fashion editor: Mimi Lombardo.

Attachments

• 07fash_slide1.jpg
    07fash_slide1.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 29
Last edited by a moderator:
[Layered]
Handle with care. Oscar de la Renta's chartreuse organza gown is as precious as Francois Payard's mille-feuille. Gown, $8,500. At Neiman Marcus.
photographer-diego uchitel

Attachments

• 07fash_slide2.jpg
    07fash_slide2.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 20
[Wrapped]
Whether it's premium-grade toro or torso, both deserve a tight wrap. Donna Karan Collection lace-and-tulle dress, $12,500. At Donna Karan Collection stores. Jimmy Choo sandals. Gucci knit belt (used as head wrap).

Attachments

• 07fash_slide3.jpg
    07fash_slide3.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 21
[Shredded]
The perfect accessory to Rochas's embroidered bustier dress? A vinaigrette. Dress, $70,535. To order. Call 011 33 1 53 572 210. Market associate: Anne LeBlanc.

Attachments

• 07fash_slide4.jpg
    07fash_slide4.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 23
gorgeous, classic images. Thanks, Softie :flower:

Fabulous photos, softgrey!! Love them, though I'm not keen on the Donna Karan.

you're welcome everyone...
i agree with tea about the donna dress...but i think it's clever that they used the gucci belt as a headwrap...

Oooh the last one is breathtaking..thank you very much for posting the pics Softie! :flower:

Thanks for the pics softie. I like how they included the price. So often they don't and I just like to know the price. Anyway, great pics :flower:

I love the second and fourth dresses...really beautiful :flower:

LOVE that Donna Karan dress and that first photo is positively striking!

hanne and meg..you're welcome...
the rochas is my fave...and i love the hair in the first shot...
ralph lauren?...who would have guessed?!?!...LOL

softgrey said:
hanne and meg..you're welcome...
the rochas is my fave...and i love the hair in the first shot...
ralph lauren?...who would have guessed?!?!...LOL
That's what I was thinking! I never would've imagined something like that coming from Ralph.

I love the hair in the first picture!! Very pretty pictures... thanks Softie.. :flower:

I was thinking this thread was going to be about clothes made of food :lol:

softgrey said:
[Wrapped]
Whether it's premium-grade toro or torso, both deserve a tight wrap. Donna Karan Collection lace-and-tulle dress, $12,500. At Donna Karan Collection stores. Jimmy Choo sandals. Gucci knit belt (used as head wrap).

Lovely, but this outfit would have been better minus the belt on the head, although to be honest that's a bad dress to start with.

The Rochas is absolutely gorgeous. And only a mere $70,535.

70k...wow! That's a mere downpayment for a house. And for some probably enough to buy one :lol:

Its beautiful,nontheless. Far more intriguing than the others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winsomecat
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->