Chinese Slippers

Choisir

Reaction score
There's this new fad at my school which seems to be tkaing over uggs as the uber-trendy, overpriced trendy shoe of the season. Now I loved uggs to death, but these are just ugly.

They come in all different colours, I attached a picture if you don't know what they look like. Anyone know how much/where they are sold? I'm curious to know whether this is the same thing as uggs, where an american company starts producing a popular chinese shoe and slappign a brand name on it.

tell me about it. this is the ugliest thing i've every seen in my life and everyone and their mother wear them in NYC.

I would see them a lot when visiting nyc and I thought they were so nasty and wondered why all the gals wore them...but since living here I gave them a try and ohhh goodness they are so comfortable!!! They only cost $3-5 bucks and I have one pair in all black...I sometimes wear them coming to work...even if you dont want to wear them out ..u can wear them around the house or to do laundry...take out the trash or whatever.. I really think they are worth getting a pair :flower:

They're cute, but I've tried them on and they're impossible to keep on your feet. How do you guys walk without them flying off? Maybe it's just me...

they sell them at Urban Outfitters-tons on ebay, too

Someone told me Macys also sold them..but for $20+ lol thats crazy...

They're not much of a trend to me actually. My friend had a pair and wore them to the beach and out a couple of times.
I definitely wouldnt get a pair because everyone is wearing them...my family used to have loads at home for walking around in :ninja:

Those were instyle in Montreal about a year ago.

Last summer everyone was wearing them.

This summer its flip flops (aka thongs)

you can find 'em anywhere. they're like, 4$. for christ's sake, they sell them at the grocery store down here. :rolleyes:

lol I had no idea it was such a widespread thing. I'm from Toronto and we're generally a bit behind fashion trends, or fads in this case, I doubt it will last. I guess everyone who went to NYC and Montreal over their spring breaks must've spotted them and brought them here.

:sick: i was hoping the fad would be over by now ever since people started wearing them last summer but i'm seeing them again :yuk:

i just saw them at K-mart...now it's gone national... :ninja: :innocent:

I,m not too crazy about them, I'd rather stick to flip flops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->