Chloé F/W 2018.19 Paris

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by vogue28, Mar 1, 2018.

1. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

2. vogue28

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

3. vogue28

VOGUE.COM

4. vogue28

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

5. vogue28

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

6. Nocturnal

Nocturnal New Member

Clare was much better. Her Chloe had identity. This is just boring. Its like Proenza. You can see that she was "inspired" by multiple designers. Everything feels very NYC. Pretty and forgettable.

7. GERGIN

GERGIN Well-Known Member

^
    I totally disagree! I feel like this has more identity and more character than Claire’s Chloé! I only think the problem is for her right now is making better footwear and bags! But the clothing is everything I need right now!

8. helmutnotdead

helmutnotdead Active Member

HAHAH I was thinking the same! Might her latest collections weren't that good (from Clare) but her earlier time and the pre fall/resort were seriously stunning.
    There are some interesting items -the pant with fur, the knitted pieces, her outerwear is good and the pants are really nice- but there isn't nothing groundbreaking in general. It's pretty boring.

If you're a woman who doesn't care about a strong concept or idea, it's totally fine because you just want to buy inoffensive clothes. But if you're looking the opposite, this is not gonna be your brand.

9. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

Perfect!
    I'm one of those who missed Paolo Melin Andersson's Chloé! It's so good to have some identity back to the brand and also have the brand back to it french, Karl's legacy. No more blonde girls wearing sportswear!

This is very good! Great blouses, good dresses, good tailoring and eveningwear. It's great that she is taking risks in terms of shapes. The color palette and the prints is very Karl's Chloé!

The styling might be quite wild but the pieces works on their own.

I wasn't really sure about the jodhpurs but seeing Natasha wearing them (she is not a model size but she sure is an everyday french woman size or silhouette) makes it believable. What is great about it is that she really embodies the woman she is putting on the runway. Chloé has been for more than a decade now, about a certain formula of inoffensive clothes and it's great that they are taking chances and pushing the enveloppe again.

And the casting is again very refreshing for Chloé.
    In the future, she is going to be in charge of the See By Chloé line and i think that her vision will be fulfilled.

Go Nat'!

10. Scouting Snapper

Scouting Snapper Active Member

i think this is simply stunning in all honesty...:)

11. vetements

vetements Member

Agree with Lola.

She has taken some risks with this collection and I think she lets her own tastes and preferences combined with what she thinks Chloe is and it works out very well. Nothing is saccharine sweet or conventionally beautiful (vs say, Dell Acqua’s Rochas), and it is so quirky with character, love this!

12. TheoG

TheoG Moderator

Maybe I'm drinking the kool-aid but so far so good. I mean looking back at the some of the collections by Claire they were so directionless, just pretty clothes. Here, at least I see a vision. An attempt to take the Cholé somewhere.

13. TREVOFASHIONISTO

TREVOFASHIONISTO Active Member

im seeing hints of LV in this. Yes, she came from team Nicolas but do we need a softer LV?

14. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

^^
    You can't ask to someone who has only worked with one designer and who gradually had taken bigger responsabilities in the creative team of that particular designer to totally dismiss everything. LV by NG is also her aesthetic. What she can do is to mix her taste, her edge with Chloé's heritage.

And, the real heritage of Chloé is flou. This collection shows that she is not afraid of doing flou and that she is willing to push herself.

It will take time. Not all the designers are like Michele who was obviously frustrated by working with Frida all those years. It was easier for him to flip things around in the extreme way.

Even the greats like Margiela had some hints of the people who influenced him...In his case, Gaultier.

15. perhydrol

perhydrol Member

Natacha's Chloe has some style, Clare's Chloe had distinctive attitude. That's why I prefer Waight Keller's work- it had some hits and misses, but the vibe was so strong and there was a clear story going on. This is just cool, LV-alike and nothing else. It's just a fashion statement while Clare had whole lifestyle connected to her Chloe girl.

16. Nomar

Nomar Well-Known Member

Not digging the earthy palette she's chosen but the clothes themselves are lovely. I'm glad that Chloé is finally producing some interesting stuff!

17. disco54

disco54 Well-Known Member

This was far better than her than her first collection and it is overall very good, the statement flares towards the end were the standouts, those cropped gaucho pants were hideous. Also I agree her shoes and accessories need serious improvement, she needs to make nice heels.

18. Scotty

Scotty Well-Known Member

I like this. I don't like some of the LV-esque dresses, nor the shoes, but I like everything else. Especially Kaia's look!

19. gossiping

gossiping Well-Known Member

love it so so much. love the jewellery, the bracelets over the knitwear, the lace-up boots, the blue print, the styling is fantastic some wonderful bags too

great stuff. this is how i want to dress !

20. ghostwriter10549

ghostwriter10549 Active Member

This collection only happens to me in the second-half and its fabulous. Very nice, sophisticated and inviting clothes and the styling here is perfect. Great job girl!