Chloé Resort 2022 Paris

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by vogue28, Jun 10, 2021.

1. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

2. THD96

THD96 Well-Known Member

I only like the black coat with multicolors details. The rest is just her brand with the Chloé tag sew into it. I still don't know what does she want to achieve with this appointment?

100% Gabriela Hearst collection. 0% Chloé collection.

kasper! likes this.
  3. YohjiAddict

YohjiAddict Well-Known Member

Feels very Oaxaca boutique for gringos...for me Chloé represents something else entirely, a refined nonchalance and a spirit that is totally french.

4. perhydrol

perhydrol Well-Known Member

Dreadful.

Some time ago I've made myself a throwback to the collections' reviews from Hannah MacGibbon's tenure and they had been stating that her shows were too mature for the house of Chloé. However, she achieved some sense of sophistication. Now, Gabriela Hearst decided to make clothes that are just frumpy. I prefer not to comment on the third look because it's a dramatic attempt to recreate Burton for McQueen kind of silhouette. The result is just a massive 'blah moment'. Same with that tragically ugly knitwear that Hearst believes in so much.

I wish Gabriela all the best with those recycled sneakers, too, because they look really bad. They're not completely ugly, but I don't think they'll be a hit.

What's really interesting is that her rebranding is on its way to become a major flop. They've been losing followers on Instagram (they've lost 80k in the last 30 days I believe), they uploaded gifs on Vogue Runway (and it should be forbidden because you can't see anything) and this collection is far away from the carefree spirit of Chloé. Good look with selling anything with this kind of attitude, because Hearst's usual greenwashing won't make it.

5. maimon

maimon Well-Known Member

beside those poorly designed and lifeless garments, the pictures with the randomly positioned models with bad posture and sad faces, make it look even worse. also the ravioli trimmings on the coats look silly to me.

it used to be one of my favorite brands when getting into fashion decades ago but this is just ridiculous...

joedago likes this.
  6. Fulton St Critique

Fulton St Critique Active Member

This “collection” is infuriating. I was hesitant to even look given the resort season is of very little interest to me, but I wanted to see how she would respond. I see a matronly aesthetic that is so submerged in dullness it is even challenging to attempt to justify the production of any of these pieces. It is as if one’s grandmother is attempting to have a boho chic moment at bingo night. Unintentionally unattractive, these clothes should be forgotten about and never discussed again. The importance of Chloe as a destination for the young, charismatic fashion girl is long gone. Even though it strayed slightly the founders intent, what N.R.L produced was fun, chic, and joyful. In its place is an in-your-face mockup of an ideology, nothing more, nothing less.

But hey, at least the labels waste is down.

disco54, joedago and RedSmokeRise like this.
  7. SophiaVB

SophiaVB Well-Known Member

This is literally just her namesake line?

00011-Gabriela-Hearst-Resort-2022-credit-Zoe-Ghertner_50.jpeg
    qGjZAEUY_o.jpg

00021-Gabriela-Hearst-Resort-2022-credit-Zoe-Ghertner_40.jpg rjBPvuix_o.jpg

8. disco54

disco54 Well-Known Member

This is horrible lol, I remember Hannah McGibbon was chided for her ponchos but at least it looked 1000X better, they let go of Natacha for this , what were they smoking ?????!!! I see 0 Chloe DNA here. I give her a season more.

Also throwing the one random fat chick to be woke needs to stop.

maimon, donyan, HeatherAnne and 10 others like this.
  9. dior_couture1245

dior_couture1245 Fat Karl

Literally what the hell?

Frida, joedago and RedSmokeRise like this.
  10. Mathewthew

Mathewthew Active Member

I know people doesn't like Natacha and she didn't create an IT bag for them to keep her there.
    But God, I miss her Chloe. She delivered something different with her POV and trying different silhouettes.
    This is just a collection and I don't know why just one plus size model if you want to make a statement.
    It feels like marketing tools and it doesn't feel heartful.

11. vetements

vetements Active Member

this must be one of the (if not, THE) most underwhelming debut in recent years. The designs look too simple even for Resort, its not Chloe but can be just any random brand out there, not chic, not refined, and most importantly, not desirable!
    and yes, that random big girl doesnt look good in whatever she was wearing, so what`s the point?

12. RedSmokeRise

RedSmokeRise Well-Known Member

Laughing at the fact that she cleared the entire Instagram page for photos of leaves and twigs….

….and then produced this !!!

13. disco54

disco54 Well-Known Member

Yeah, very, very bizarre , Chloe is a luxury brand after all, it is like they are retooling the brand for Greta Thunberg. After seeing the Instagram I giver her not even a season, this is some weird sh!t.

I mean just look at this Instagram pic like wtf?

14. TaylorBinque

TaylorBinque Well-Known Member

I was expecting something better. Maybe it's resort. So I will give her a chance for the full main collection. Still though, this is almost embarrassing. Like it's way too Gabriela-lite. Nothing feel like Chloe. Even the bags, like lady, you created so many IT bags, work that magic!

This is why I still really enjoy Stella McCartney because at least she makes eco-friendly fun. This is just depressing.

15. JohannesL

JohannesL Well-Known Member

I kind of feel her take on this brand is an insult to this Parisian house and its predecessors, which is strange because this collection is inoffensive, but probably because of the way they present is quite pretentious. Based on the above comment, she is joining the league of designers such as MGC and VV.

joedago likes this.
  16. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

Chloé is brand that is so in sync with their clientele that this feels like a troll.
    Everytime the Chloé brand was challenged aesthetically, the designer was out (Paolo, Hannah, Natacha).
    I have a girlfriend who is your typical Chloe girl and customer (skinny, blonde...the whole thing) and she was the first one to make me realize about the IG. Apparently, the brand is at the service of the creative director and not the way around...
    It’s funny because she said also that Chloe has become too expensive anyway and that for the prices, she would rather move to Celine. And I never realized how Hedi’s stuff was somehow « Chloé-like ». ´

I expect a more than major flop from Gabriela. And maybe this will really allow Chloe to move on.
    Let’s be honest, the people buying luxury brands don’t care about sustainability for the most part. Everybody knows that this is a marketing scam to attract millenials.

If you decides to make it a thing, can you at least make it sexy and desirable? Can Chloe be sexy again?

I said it many times but if Isabel Marant is clever and twist her aesthetic right on time (and hire a real bag designer), she can snatch all their clientele.

For a house that has as a DNA, lightness and very beautiful flou, this is very contrived and uncomfortable looking. What’s the point of having plus size models of the clothes aren’t going to be A) produced B)flattering to their bodies?

17. GivenchyAddict

GivenchyAddict Well-Known Member

For sure, she will not last long. I have liked Chloé only under McGibbon and Paulo Melim Andersson, so this brand is really not on my radar but when something that ugly as this collection is, I love waiting for the downfall of the AD :brows:.

disco54, RedSmokeRise, Nomar and 5 others like this.
  18. velvetandsilk

velvetandsilk Well-Known Member

I still dreaming about dress design by Andersson.

maimon, Lola701 and GivenchyAddict like this.
  19. HeatherAnne

HeatherAnne Well-Known Member

She's way over her head, and the whole production around this with the cheesy Instagram non-fashion barrage of images was so trite -- yes luxury fashion is dead, but this is embarrassing.

disco54 likes this.
  20. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

I’m not a Chloe woman or girl, I totally passed on Phoebe’s time and maybe the only times I had a « I’ve got to have it » moment with the brand was when I saw the Orange dress on Sasha and when I saw an amazing coat and the fabulous shoes from fall 2008. Both of those moments were during Paolo’s time...
    But the magic of Chloe is that it’s actually a brand that speaks and can speak to a lot of women. Their stuff just works. I have surprisingly some pieces, a lot of women around me have something of Chloe. It has that kind of mass appeal without being mass. I see Chloe bags in the streets (I can’t say the same for example about Chanel and Hermès bags). It’s an « easy to introduce to HF » brand and they have strong staples (blouses, coats, a boot and a brown bag), their accessories are expensive but reasonable and their clothes are always a good idea on sales...So I don’t understand her vision.

I think a Chloe woman can buy her bags but her clothes from her own brand feels already very rich upper class NYC woman. One thing about the Chloe woman is that she is active, she works, she needs clothes that will stand the test of time, are well made and not precious at all. This is terrible!

I really feel for the model who had to wear the denim/leather tight dress. It screams « swearing fest! »

GivenchyAddict likes this.